Error message when attempting to export a report to Excel.

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
CAA
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
CAA
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Error message when attempting to export a report to Excel.

Hello!

Hoping some clever person can assist me. Having recently changed over to using AccountRight via the cloud, I am experiencing some problems. One in particular is an error message received when I attempt to export a report to Microsoft Excel.

The error message simply reads; 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\MYOB\Accountright\2016.3\Reports\Spreadsheet\CUSTPYH.XLT'

The only option available is the OK button.

Could someone let me know what might have gone wrong, and what I can do to fix? Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

3 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,056 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4056Posts

2847Kudos

632Solutions

Re: Error message when attempting to export a report to Excel.

@CAA

None of the clever people have picked up on your thread so i will have a go.

As you have probably read you aren't first over recent weeks to have a problem with exporting to excel. One thing that worked for me was to export the file as TAB delimited file, save and open that in excel. Remember to drop down to All files in excel.

It doesn't have the nice formatting that we have become used to in the newer MYOB's but it has the numbers!

As for the fix  - it probably means a reload of MYOB but that is not something you want to do over a weekend.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
CAA
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
CAA
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks, Ron.

I figured that one out and it's really the long way around, isn't it?
What's the point of having the Export to Excel when it very clearly doesn't work?
One other question, MYOB online is crashing about 5 times a day and is driving me nuts. Will a reload of MYOB fix that too?

Thanks again.
June@CAA

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,498 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5498Posts

528Kudos

741Solutions

Hi @CAA

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

Great to see  @ronatbas has given you some advice on this, I do hope you found it helpful. Just to expand on his answer slightly.

That particular error message means that when AccountRight was installed the first time around, something prevented the Excel templates from being placed into the correct location and as a result AccountRight can’t find them. Unfortunately, as Ron says this will mean that you will need to do a reinstall of AccountRight, making sure to run it with full Windows Administrator permissions. This should then create the missing templates for you so you can export to Excel without issue.

Are you able to clarify any error messages that you are receiving during these crashes? The exact wording can be helpful, and if you are receiving an error of Somethings gone wrong and AccountRight need to close, then down in the bottom left hand corner of that error message will be a View error details option. If you click on that it will bring up an error log which is very useful for us in understanding what could be causing the crashes.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post