Super Portal

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Mari_Grob
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Super Portal

Super Portal is the clumsiest software I have used. I have used many accounting packages and reporting software, but you cannot even print a contributions / payments history report. Can someone please tell me I am wrong?

I also have a problem with the uploaded file.  My various super funds are never accepted, and I need to enter into each employee, and choose the fund from a drop down box.  When I edit the csv file so that the super fund name is exactly the same format as super portal, it is still rejected.  Does anyone have a suggestion here?

Thanks

Marisa

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,079 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Re: Super Portal

Hi @Mari_Grob,

Thank you for your feedback. Normally the Superannuation Payments reports in AccountRight will provide you the contribution history. If you wish to view Super Portal specific information, then you can utilise the Reporting option within Super Portal. 

The various of super funds should be set up in the AccountRight company file first, before generating the CSV file for MYOB Super Portal. This Online Help page would provide more information on what to double check before uploading: Thing to do before your first upload

If the super fund information is incorrect, please do correct it within AccountRight first, then generate a new CSV file with the updated information. Please do not open the CSV file in another software before uploading, especially in Excel, it would alter the file format and MYOB Super Portal will reject the upload. 

Here is our Online Help article with step-by-step instruction on how to upload a contribution file, with solutions to some common errors during the process, should you need: Make superannuation payments.

On a side note, our record shows you are currently using AccountRight Plus, if you upgrade to the new AccountRight v2016, you can sign up for Pay Super instead. This service is intergrated in AccountRight and is easier to use than MYOB Super Portal.

Please feel free to let us know how you go. 

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
Mari_Grob
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Super Portal

Yes the super payments report in MYOB does provide the history, but under audit circumstanes, it doesn't prove that the super contributions were actually paid.  What we need is confirmation from the fund or clearing house.

And yes you can view information in super portal but you cannot print it.  A screen dump looks unprofessional and childish.

And yes the fund names were set up correctly in AccountRight before the csv was generated also.  Super Portal doesn't allow you to copy and paste the fund name, so you have to be specific with square brackets and spaces etc.  Once again extremely user unfriendly.

Thank you, I will take your suggestion of upgrading to V2016, even though when I have checked for updates under the help menu in AccountRight it says there are no updates available.

I trust Pay Super is a more flexible reporting tool and not as cumbersome as Super Portal.

Thanks

Marisa

MYOB Moderator CloverQ
6,079 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Re: Super Portal

Hi @Mari_Grob,

AccountRight v2016 is built on a different platform than v19, it is a complete separate installation, therefore unable to be obtained via Help > Check for updates in v19.

Instead please log in to my.MYOB > My Products > Downloads to download the installer directly. If you are using Windows 7 and above, and is the only user accessing the company file from your computer, the 2016.2.1 PC Installer should be sufficient. 

Once v2016.2.1 is installed, you can upgrade the v19 company file to v2016.2.1, it can take some time for the upgrade to complete, and custom templates migrated. I would suggest following this Online Help article to complete this process: 

Upgrade to the new AccountRight

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Clover
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post