Need advise please

Experienced User MsCrisG
28 Posts
Experienced User
Australia

Need advise please

Hi guys, I need an advice from you, as a bookkeeper what are the options for seeking to advise outside my area of expertise?

2 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
3,851 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Re: Need advise please

@MsCrisG

There is nothing wrong with the statements "I don't know but I will find out and get back to you" or "I think the situation is (xyz) but I will contact a few people and get back to you with a positive". Better to have it right than might be right.

There is no expectation that everyone knows every aspect of the myriad things that a business throws up. The likes of Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB), Australian Business Network(ABN)  put out a public newsletter on a monthly basis which covers a range of topics. There are fora similar to this run by all of the major software companies and, ofcourse, there are personal contacts/networks.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Ultimate Partner Seattle
1,337 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Re: Need advise please

@MsCrisG @ronatbas

Good question.

A BAS Agent is allowed to charge a fee for the provision of BAS Services as defined by the Tax Practitioners Board. A BAS Agent is not allowed to provide Tax Agent services.

The Code of Professional Conduct requires an Agent to be Competent.

This involves knowledge and skills and taking reasonablereasonable care in ascertaining a client's state of affairs .

An Agent is also required to take reasonable care to ensure the taxation ;laws are applied correctly to the circumstances in relation to which you are providing advice.

Two of the more complex areas of BAS Services are the Margin Scheme and Sale as a Going Concern.

Let us know your thoughts.

Duncan

Duncan Smith
Business Advice + Tax
www.businessadviceplustax.com.au
Helping business owners build a better business since 1998
E expressgst@optusnet.com.au T 02 9904 3672 7 days
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post