Cover User
New Zealand
2010SJA
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Programs Blocked

First time I have posted on here and first time this has happened to me.  I am abit worried about this msg showing up on my laptop saying "Program Blocked".  I have never experienced this before in the last 6 years, so I just want to check and make sure it is legit before I unblock it.   I am just paranoid especially with all the reported hacking on the news, and worried whether this has disguised itself under familiar program names.  In previous circumstances, I would normally accept because it is MYOB.  But this is a little bit different.

Do I unblock this?  Please refer to file attached with photo msg showing up on my laptop.  

Targeted file is Clearwater - this is not my company business name.  

Is it safe to unblock this or is this dangerous?  Please confirm.

myob unblock msg 1x.png

1 REPLY
MYOB Staff Post LeightonJ
588 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
LeightonJ
MYOB Staff Post

588Posts

71Kudos

80Solutions

Re: Programs Blocked

Hi @2010SJA

First of all, welcome to the MYOB Community forum!

Basing on the the screenshot that you posted the stuff that are being blocked by your anti-virus are not entirely essential to the processes of the AccountRight program. Clearwater is a sample company included in the package for practice/training purposes while the add-on connector is a component that connects a compatible third-party program to your AccountRight file.

Ideally, all MYOB-related resources must have excemptions setup in your anti-virus to ensure optimum performance of your MYOB product however, unless you use the sample company on a regular basis or use a compatible third-party program alongside your AccountRight then I don't see any need to unblock them given that keeping them blocked will not cause your process any grief.

Let us know how you get on!

Kind regards,
Leighton
Client Support Representative

Is this a Solution?
Mark this as an Accepted Solution
Helpful? Leave a kudos to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post