Highlighted
Julz123
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Solved: Go to Solution

GST date not appearing since upgrade to Accountright

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Accountright.  We hadn't filed GST for about 4 years but have now re-registered.  I've gone to do a GST return, but May 2017 is not one of the drop down selections.  The dates appearing are April 2011 - March 2013.  Please can you tell me what I need to do to fix this.  Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,105 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: GST date not appearing since upgrade to Accountright

Hi @Julz123

You need to roll your file forward some years until you reach Y/end 2017. Do this by going to File - Close a Financial Year. Take a backup first. The new version does not purge invoices though - they become read only.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Julz123
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Thank you!

Trac17
1 Post
User

Hi - is there any other way than rolling a financial year, this is not really an option for certain clients?

Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,105 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

Hi there @Trac17

You can get the information from the GST Sumary or detail report (choosing appropriate method) - this gives you total GST collected and paid - but you need to work backwards to calculate Total sales and Total purchases to avoid the rounding calculation. I would only roll file to year end 2017 - so you still have 12 months worth of data in file - not roll over 2017 yet as not many companies will have done financial accounts yet.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post