Start a Post

Wrong GST form generated

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Highlighted
Contributing User incx
5 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Solved: Go to Solution

Wrong GST form generated

We have moved over to a new computer for AccountRightv19. When my employer went to generate a GST return for the last two months, he noticed box 8 was wrong. Looks like MYOB is using a 101 form for a GST rate of 12.5%. No idea on where to start to fix this!!

Capture.JPG
3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,109 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Wrong GST form generated

Hi @incx

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

There are reaons why the GST 101 report would report on 12.5% not the (now) normal 15%.

1. You are running the report before October 2010. This was before the GST change. I can see from your report that you are running the report for 01/04/2016 - 31/05/2016 so that will not be the reason
  2. The verison of the program you are running is AccountRight 19.0 or below. You do need to be on AccountRight v19.5 or higher in order to run the GST 101 at 15%.

I would recommend uninstalling the AccountRIght v19.0 and then reinstalling with AccountRight 19.5. This version will be available for download via your my.MYOB account. AccountRight v19 Support Note: Uninstalling, repairing or reinstalling AccountRight v19 would be able to assist with that.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Contributing User incx
5 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Unfortunately I am new here, and noone seems to have access to my.myob. Meaning I cannot download 19.5 to test it. Kind of dead in the water at this point

Contributing User incx
5 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand

Someone from MYOB sent me a link to 19.5. INstalled and all sorted.
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post