Error on Payroll startup

Experienced Cover User TINZ
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Solved: Go to Solution

Error on Payroll startup

Hi guys,

When opening Payroll the attached error comes up. When I click "Close" it shuts down Payroll.

This started happening after I started a restore of a backup but closed before I started the restore.

Please assist

Kind regards

Cody

5 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,030 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

Re: Error on Payroll startup

Hi there @TINZ

It requires an un-install of your payroll programme, delete the folders, then re-install and create a new payroll and restore your backup into it, then restore the latest backup. Make sure you run as administrator when installing.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,848 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @TINZ

Just before attempting a reinstall of the program I would be looking at removing the payroll data folders and the index files before restarting New Zealand Payroll and doing a restore of the latest payroll file. New Zealand Payroll Support Note: Unable to open Payroll, or errors "1976" or "114" would be able to assist with that process.

If you are still encountering that message when opening you would be looking at @jenniek's suggestion of doing an uninstall and reinstall of the program.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,030 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

Hi @Steven_M, @TINZ

We have rarely found this works, or if it works, the payroll then crashes again a week later so we normally do the full uninstall/reinstall to hopefully solve the problem first time around.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
Experienced Cover User TINZ
32 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

Hi

Thanks - I found this process fixed the issue.

To remove the corrupt data

1. Simultaneously press the Windows and E keys on your keyboard (the Windows key is between the Ctrl and Alt keys). The File Explorer or Windows Explorer window appears.
  2. Browse to the location where you store your payroll data, this will be either: C:\Program Files\MYOB\Payroll\Data or C:\Users\Public\Data\MYOB\Payroll
    Note: If you run more than one payroll, you will have a folder for each one. These are typically named Payroll 1, Payroll 2, etc.
  3. Remove the payroll that was open when the crash occurred:
    1. Right-click the applicable Payroll folder, for example Payroll 1, and choose Cut.
    2. Right-click your Desktop and choose Paste.
  4. If your payroll data is held in the Program Files folder, double-click the Data folder located in the location highlighted above. Alternatively, if your payroll data is held in the Users folder, double-click the Payroll folder located in the location highlighted above.
  5. Within this folder you will see three files named CADATA with various extensions. Right-click and choose Delete for each of these three files.
  6. Also within this folder you will see three files named PAYROLLS with various extensions. If you're using MYOB Accountants Office, leave the file PAYROLLS.DBF but right-click the other 2 and choose Cut, then right-click the Desktop and choose Paste. If you're not using MYOB Accountants Office, you can remove all 3 PAYROLLS files by cutting and pasting to the Desktop.
  7. Close File Explorer/Windows Explorer.
Donna113
3 Posts
User
New Zealand

Thank you, after spending 2 half hour waits on the phone to the call centre and they still couldn't help I was pleased to find this on my second search.  Very clear instructions, thanks.

Donna

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post