Help can't get anyone to speak to OVER MYOB!!!!!

Raels
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Solved: Go to Solution

Help can't get anyone to speak to OVER MYOB!!!!!

Have reloaded Account Rite & Payroll after computer melt down.  Cannot get Payroll to load General Ledger to AccountRite.  Cannot enter GL into Department codes. 

Have spent 40mins on hold to helpdesk, to be transferred to Payroll, another 30mins on hold, then cutoff.

Tried phoning again, wait time now 60plus mins. 

This system is **bleep** & right now I have had enough...WHY do I pay for support if I can't get through???

Please could someone phone me to help resolve this.

6 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,845 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Help can't get anyone to speak to OVER MYOB!!!!!

Hi @Raels

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty in speaking to the phone based support team. You are always welcome to post your enquiry on the Forum, I'm sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.

In terms of integrating NZ Payroll with AccountRight, it does depend on what version of AccountRight you are wishing to integrate the Payroll data into. I would recommend taking a look at the New Zealand Payroll Support Note: Integrating Payroll with your accounting software. This will go through the setting up of the integration (which may be required if you have uninstalled) and also the transferring of data across.

If you do have any further enquiries we would be happy to assist however we would need to know what version of AccountRight you are linking into and if you are getting any error messages when setting up that accounting link.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Raels
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Hi Steven

I am using Account Rite V19, I downloaded from this site on Tuesday afternoon.  I have had this up and running for years.  So gutting to have had to waste so much time trying to sort, and also trying to get hold of MYOB for assistance.

I have followed the instructions to intergrate.  I put the file path in the company file place,  can't find anywhere to explain what product path is.  enter my Account Rite payroll liability GL, 2-1300.  The system will not allow me to enter anything in the Maintain Departments place where I have always entered my Cost of Sales GL.

Of course will not up load the Journel to Account Rite.

Thanks

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,845 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Raels

For a user to add in general ledger codes for departments (and ultimately import journals across to AccountRight) you do need to ensure that you have the Tools>> Options>> Accounting tab set up correctly.

So in your case, as you are wanting to integrate to an AccountRight v19 file you would select the AccountRight v19 option. Along with that, the following options do need to be selected:

• A company file - this the company file you are trying to integrate to. - if you are unsure of the location of the open the file in AccountRight and select Accounts>>Company Data Auditor>> The Location field will have the path of that file.
  • A Product Path - this would be the application file (or exe) for the program. This will generally be located in the C: Plus19 folder (assuming you are using Plus 19) and will be called either myob.exe or myobp.exe
  • Once the above two options have been selected you would be able to set a Default General Ledger Code for Payroll Liabilities. If you don't have this option available to you see the steps below.
  • The other options Create Separate journals for each employee, Include Cost Centres as job codes in journals and Automatically post journals into the company file are up to your requirements.

If you don't have that option to select a Default General Ledger Code for Payroll Liabilities it will mean that it hasn't integrated correctly so do:

• Check the Path and Product Path options are correct
  • Close Payroll and right click on the desktop icon to select Run as Administrator before selecting to retry that process.
  • Close Payroll, navigate to the Window Start Menu>>All programs>>MYOB AccountRight Plus v19>>MYOB Tools folder and select Install MYOB ODBC Direct v9. Once run select to Uninstall (or Remove it). When that has been uninstalled, run the same process to reinstall the ODBC driver before testing the Payroll Integration ( you would need to set up the above steps again).

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Ultimate Partner Mike_James
3,324 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Raels, can you check whether you are running payroll as Administrator? (See the properties of the payroll icon - right-click, choose Properties, then select the Compatibility tab). If "Run as Administrator" is not ticked, choose the option to change it for all users.

Integrating the payroll in v19 requires the correct ODBC driver. It may pay to uninstall that via Programs & Features, then go to the AccountRight program folder, open the ODBC folder and re-install it using the Setup application. Right-click on that and run it as Administrator too.

I'll be offline for a while today.

Regards, Mike
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise Report Writer - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(Including AccountRight Classic/Live, and exo Payroll)

Raels
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

@JakeN phoned today and went through a number of steps to resolve the problem and reset the pathways.

Problem sorted and journels now posting to MYOB V2017. 

Thank you so much Jake, I really appreciate your time, patience and assistance.

MYOB Staff Post JakeN
544 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Raels,

I am glad that I was able to resolve the issue for you.

Please mark thea post as a solution so others can trust this resolution.

For everyones benefit, things that I checked were:

• The latest AccountRight Add-on Connector is running. If this is not running this a common reason why the integration fails.
  • The User ID and Password were correct.
  • The General Ledger Codes and Jobs in the maintain department area were correct.

Once I had made sure all of these were correct the journals posted fine.

The support article, Integrating Payroll with AccountRight (click here to open) goes through the entire setup process not just the brief explanation I went though.

Kind regards,
JakeN
MYOB Customer Support Representative

Is this a Solution?
Mark this as an Accepted Solution
Helpful? Leave a kudos to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post