How do I transfer an employee from one payroll company to another?

Contributing Cover User Margh
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
Margh
Contributing Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

How do I transfer an employee from one payroll company to another?

Using MYOB payroll 2017.1  I want to transfer an employee from one of our company files to another.  The employee has stopped working for the original company and is to be paid by the second company.  I want to transfer all her history, leave entitlements etc over 

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,968 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21968Posts

2464Kudos

3113Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: How do I transfer an employee from one payroll company to another?

Hi @Margh

From a software point of view, there is no direct way to transfer one employee from one payroll file to another it would need to be done manually. The process would be:

1. Obtain a copy of the Period Report - by Employee/Pay Code (Summary) for that particular employee for the last 12 months.
  2. Go to the Maintain Employees window for that employee and obtain a copy of the employee details along with the leave details information. Alternatively, you can run the Employee Details report (Reports>>Employee reports)
  3. Once you have obtained that information, go to the new payroll and select to create the new employee (as per normal). 
  4. When that has been set up, you would go to Tools>>Enter History and enter the last 12 months worth of history for the employee - this information is used for annual leave rate for the employee. 
  5. In the Leave Details window for that employee, do ensure that you have the correct anniversary date, normal hours per week, holiday pay values and Annual leave values.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post