How to delete a payrun in MYOB Payroll 2017.1?

Sherrie
1 Post
Cover User
Sherrie
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How to delete a payrun in MYOB Payroll 2017.1?

I have entered the wrong date for the first payrun for 2018.....  Entered it as 07.01.17 and only realised it after I have finalised the pay.  How can I delete this payrun and re-enter with the correct date as all the articles online say go into the employee, pay history and click the box mared x but in my version I don't get that option.

Thanks

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,968 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21968Posts

2464Kudos

3113Solutions

Re: How to delete a payrun in MYOB Payroll 2017.1?

Hi @Sherrie

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Once a payroll transaction has been finalised in New Zealand Desktop Payroll it is unable to be changed or deleted. If you have finalised a pay incorrectly you would be looking at restoring a backup to before that pay was finalised.  If restoring a backup is not a viable solution then you can enter a negative pay to cancel out the incorrect pay and reprocess that original pay correctly if required - MYOB Payroll Support Note: Reversing a pay would be able to assist with that process.

You mentioned selecting the cross in the Pay History section of the employee this relates to the process for deleting a pay with MYOB Essentials, which is a different product to MYOB Payroll (Desktop New Zealand Payroll program).

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post