Start a Post

Leave adjustments

JanetteBS
1 Post
Cover User
New Zealand

Leave adjustments

Hi

Unfortunately my payroll has been played around with a lot (by me).

I am attempting to show annual leave available at current date for employees that already have leave accrued.

I put in annual leave due, but it is showing a figure in "leave accrued in advance" which I can't change.

How do I fix this please?

Thank you

payroll annual leave query.jpg
1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,848 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Leave adjustments

Hi @JanetteBS

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Annual leave and holiday pay in New Zealand is complex due to its nature. Firstly when an employee starts work for you they get holiday pay (8% of their Gross Earnings) after an employee has been working for an employer for 12 months then they are entitled to Annual leave and the holiday pay is remove ready to be accrued for a new 12 months.

In terms of New Zealand Payroll and the Leave Details window you have the Normal Hours per week value, this comes about by multiplying the Normal day/week hours by Normal Hours/day. You then have your Annual Leave Entitlement, generally 4 weeks of leave a year so it will be 4 times the Normal Hours per week value.  Underneath that you have your Holiday Pay section - so the Gross Earnings since you last anniversary multiplied by 8% to give you Holiday Pay due.

The next section deal with annual leave you have your

• Annual leave due as at value - which is the value of your leave at your last anniversary
  • [Less] Annual leave taken since - any leave that has been taken since you anniversary
  • Adjustments is not used
  • Current Annual leave due is your current annual leave that the employee is entitled to (Annual leave due as at your last anniversary minus any taken since)
  • Leave accrued in Advance is an estimated value based on the current pay ended on date and the annual leave entitlement.

If an employee has accrued leave prior to starting Payroll you would want to enter that value into the Annual Leave due as at field. This will add the value into the Current Annual Leave due field.

If you have been using Payroll for a period of time and want to ensure that the annual leave has been processed correctly New Zeland Payroll Support Note: Fixing holiday pay paid in error would be able to assist with that. It does also contain a video that goes through managing leave in Payroll which is well worth a watch even if its just a refresher.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post