New Zealand
karenham
Contributing Cover User

14Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Leave without pay - effect on annual leave

We have an employee on extended LWOP (for several months).  I have not been running a pay for him at all but am wondering now if his annual leave is accumulating while he is on leave and if so, how I avoid this happening.  Should I be running a pay each week using the UNPDLV code? 

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,106 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21106Posts

2354Kudos

2950Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Leave without pay - effect on annual leave

Hi @karenham

In New Zealand annual leave is based on a set amount each entitlement year and it doesn't look at if the employee is working or not.

If the employee is taking leave without pay you would generally process a pay for that particular week for using the UNPDLV unpaid leave pay code. If that employee is taking an extended period of leave without pay you could look at either:

• Extending the employee's anniversary date - more time until they are entitled to additional annual leave

-OR-

• Reducing the annual leave rate divisor - get the same amount of hours but are paid less for those hours.

New Zealand Payroll Support Note: Recording unpaid leave in excess of one week does go through each option available to you in more details. I would also recommend looking at New Zealand Payroll Support Note: How unpaid leave affects annual leave

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post