Start a Post

Multiple Leave in monthly pay

Contributing Cover User Silverfin
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand

Multiple Leave in monthly pay

Using MYOB Essentials, we have monthly pay which we use 173.3333 hours per month.  When I enter multiple leave types (say annual and stat) then payroll cannot calculate.  No matter which combination of entry, employees paid, saving in between etc. the payroll will not calculate.

To work around this I normally reduce annual leave by 0.1 hours  So for example.  Ordinary 117.33 becomes 117.43 annual leave (should be 40) becomes 39.9 public holay not worked stays at 16.

6 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,030 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

Re: Multiple Leave in monthly pay

Hi there @Silverfin

Which Payroll are you using? MYOB Payroll or Essentials payroll?

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand

HI, we are using essentials.  Seven employees.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,848 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Silverfin

Just testing in my MYOB Essentials I have been able to successfully process multiple types on leave on a payroll transaction for an employee.

You mention that "the payroll will not calculate" can you expand on what you mean by that i.e. do you get a message or MYOB Essentials will not process the pay and just hang?

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand

Hi @Steven_M

I have aattached a screen grab of what I mean by not calculating.  In this example the employee how normally has ordinary hours of 173.3333 (being 1/12 of 2080) has 117.33 ordinary hours and 40 hours of annual leave.

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,848 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Silverfin

I wonder how you came about with the 117.33 value? If the employee is working 40 hours per week (40 x 52 = 2080 / 12 =173.333 per month) then shouldn't if the employee is taking a week's annual leavebe 40 hours annual leave and 133.333 Normal hours ( 173.333 - 40), which is correctly calculating the PAYE in my version of the program:

Attachments.PNG

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand

Hi @Steven_M, the 117.33 is a slight red hearing, as I had previously only encounted this problem when I had multiple leave types.  When I was creating the example I had intend to add another leave type, but the "calc" error came up without me having to.  So I did not complete the pay for that employee.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post