Negative Holiday Pay

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User morepork
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand
Solved: Go to Solution

Negative Holiday Pay

I have staff who started off as casual and became permanent staff and instead of starting a new card which we have found out since should of been done they have the same card so now their Holiday Pay totals are negative

I am guessing this is also affecting there annual leave and sick leave totals as the start dates have been left as the date of casual employment may add 2012.

I contacted MYOB help desk and after 20 mins of being on hold the guy just didn't get it, told me the wrong information I corrected him and he sent me info I had made him aware of so it was useless we have had very slack service from help desk as in response times etc

My thoughts are keep card we have and change start date to permanent start date as this card has all annual leave make a new card for casual totals as just totals can be carried over easier and make a note of I guess last back up on new card if any questions arise once I do this will system automatically update correct totals for leave etc

God I wish there was some one who could help out there

14 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,114 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

Re: Negative Holiday Pay

Hi @morepork,

You will need to correct the leave details tab. Have these employees gone past their 12 month anniversary date - if so its a bit more complicated. If not then change the holiday anniversary date to the start date of their full time employment. Work out the gross earnings since that date (Reports-pay summary-by employee-by date range - all codes) enter this into the gross earnings box. Then work out 8% of this to enter into the Hol Pay due box.

This assumes you have paid the 8% as they go when they were a casual - but stopped paying this when they became permanent.

If they have gone past their 12 month anniversary, then you will need to work out a balance of annual leave due as well.

Would be happy to help via phone support or remote access.

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
JK Business Systems Ltd, Hamilton, NZ
Email: jennie@jkbusiness.co.nz
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

Yes they have past there Aniversary and to make it more fund he has had the last 18 months off on ACC so has been on onpaid leave this is how it got bought to my attention when he had only been back one week and my office lady told him he had 100 hours annual leave and 5 days sick so quess what after 1 week he rang up sick for a week.

MYOB Moderator KattC
790 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hello @morepork

I am sorry to hear you had this experience with our support team. In the card file you need to make sure you have the leave details set out right this is where the calculation comes from. 

Normal days/week and Normal hours /day need to be entered first this creates your entitlement amount, in the red boxes. Then work out the Gross Earnings since the anniversary date of the employee and put this in the orange box. Then work out 8% of the holiday pay and enter that in the yellow box. The date you made them permanent till the anniversary date work out how much leave they have taken verse how much they are entitled to and but the balance in the blue box. (This figure can be a negative or a positive) Once you have done this it will make the annual leave and holiday pay correct. 

Capture.PNG

For the sick pay the first box needs to have what their current balance is, this can also be a negative or a positive amount. The second box is the maximum amount they can accrue. By law it is 20days and the last box is the annual amount they accrue passed there sick leave anniversary. I have added a screen shot to assist you with this

Capture.PNG

If you have any questions or are unsure please do repost, I hope this helps.

16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

Thank you for your response

Unfortunatley we seem to have a bit more of a problem than that this is going to be hard as I think there maybe a set up issue in our system but first things first

I have numbered pages in a sequance I think we may understand well in my mind at 3.30am I get it

xxxx was employed on casual pay from Oct 2011 inc Holiday pay

11 May 2012 he was made permanent date on his card was changed to new start date etc (no new card started)

As you will see with following info xxxx has a terrible work and information has not been entered correctly so very messy after being made permanent (havn't looked into before then I'm too scared) he managed to get himself into arrears with both sick leave and annual leave refer to pages 2.1 for annual and 3.1 for sick leave.

pages 1.1 - 1.7

Employee audit trail I have worked out Gross Pay as at anniversary date of  every year so we get a full picture

To make things a bit harder xxx had a motorbike accident and was in fit for work from 24 Dec 13 for 6 weeks which ended up being 10 Months off on unpaid leave and returned on 5 Oct 14 mean time leave anniversary's happended so when he finally returned to work in October he had sick leave and annual leave to burn so if you look at page 1.6 my pay lady paid him sick leave and annual leave for best part of 2 1/2 weeks (this was related accident I think I will have to do a report for ACC on that part) as already paid out so then he went off on ACC/unpaid leave Dec 14 till June 15 he was back for 2 pays got a payslip say he had annual leave which is incorrect GOD I HOPE so and wanted to be cashed up for half owing while he was on the phone he was tole he had 5 days sick leave so you can tell what happened next yup he was off sick for a week I have refused to pay him for this time and have checked it all good not to.

pages 2.1 - 2.2

ANHL report I have worked out the hours of leave and what was owed and what was paid but he is not entitled to some of his leave as he was not employed by the company for most of that time and I have checked it out with ACC they are not entitled to accumulate leave of any kind while on ACC so more adjustments to be done there

Page 2.2 is how Cath my office lady was entering the leave with out pay even the negative leave due meets my calculations but how has ne got all this leave showing

pages 3.1 - 3.3

Sick leave report

I have made his sick leave zero as it was showing 5 days he wasn't working over that period so not entitled to this leave but I have changed the next date to Dec 15 from March 16 as 6 months after he started back at work

page 3.2 ACC was paid to him March 13 this has not been set up to come out of their leave entitlements for the 1st week so in fact we have been paying for our staffs 1st week/days on acc and not set up correctly I have now set this up in  ACC pay code and made sick leave its accumulator is this correct?

page 3.3 Another set up issue bereavmnet leave is separate to sick/special leave how do we set this up so as we set up the max a year as we have no way at the moment to see how many dates staff have off for this leave.

pages 4.1 - 4.2

Pay slips

We have a certificate to prove he was unfit from 24/12/13 my pay lady has paid him for A/L and stats he is not entitled to annual leave we are fixing totals I hope and too late as paid but what about the stat's can we sort those out or should I claim back from ACC?

pages 5.1 -5.6

pay code report

Report you said to print ANHL and HP are there but no ANHLCASH as I dont think this pay code is used

So there we have it I am stuck and I don't think this is an eazy fix your help would be greatly appreciated he is back now so I hope to get this sorted.

Is it worth paying someone to come in to fix this as I am so tired I have worked on this for days and just keep finding more and more mistakes and think other staff totals are not correct and system a mess

I think I will be asleep when you reply as it is now nearly 5am

good night

xxxx

Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,114 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi there @morepork

Reading your post tells me it would be well worth your while to get someone out to visit you. Where are you located? There are MYOB Approved partners in most areas that do exactly this type of troubleshooting - and can help you get things in order. Otherwise would be happy to help remotely. Check

https://my.myob.co.nz/pages/partnersearch.aspx

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
MYOB Moderator KattC
790 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hello @morepork

Thank you for your detailed post outlining the issues you are currently faced with. I believe you would be better getting a partner out to see you using the link that @jenniek has advised. They will be able to work directly with you and help assist these types of issues. They will be able to get your payroll up to speed with the leave and sick leave for not just the staff member in question but check all of them with you.

They can also do on the spot checking and guiding you through other processes if you are unsure off or if you have any other questions regarding other information/transactions.

Let us know how you get on. 

16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

Thank you for you help we are in Kilbirnie, Wellington so will look for a partner in my area as things are a bit of a mess

Ultimate Partner jenniek
2,114 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand

Hi @morepork

I would suggest Maria Mullane from Aspire Solutuions - check http://www.aspiresolutions.co.nz

Regards,
Jennie Kingma
MYOB Moderator KattC
790 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hello @morepork

I trust the information that Jennie has advised has assisted you in finding a partner in your area.

All the best getting this sorted if you need any more assistance please do repost.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post