Christine14
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

PAYE EMS Schedule not creating .blk file

Hi there

I'm submitting my PAYE schedule, but it keep failing to upload as 'the first filed is invalid'. I've noticed that when I creat the Direct Credit file, instead of creating a .blk file, a .txt file is created. 

Can anyone advise me as to why this happens and how to get it back to nhormal, as this has never happened before.

Many thanks,

Christine

2 REPLIES
Christine14
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Christine14
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: PAYE EMS Schedule not creating .blk file

Message shown:

FAILED:H082:The first field of the top line of the file is invalid. The field must be corrected before the file can be sent.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,106 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21106Posts

2354Kudos

2950Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: PAYE EMS Schedule not creating .blk file

Hi @Christine14

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Generally the ir-File message "H082:The first field of the top line of the file is invalid" means that the incorrect file is being uploaded to the IRD site. I would recommend going through Step 2: Create the CSV files for electronic file on NZ Payroll Support Note: Filing to the IRD and ensuring that correct files have been created so they can be uploaded to the IRD.

You also mentioned a blk vs txt file situation for the direct credit. The direct credit file extension and format is determined by the bank account that is entered into the payroll. As such, do go to Tools>>Options>>Bank & IRD and ensure that the correct bank account is listed in that window.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post