Start a Post

Payroll Giving

Tooticky
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Payroll Giving

This is the scheme where employees can opt to donate to a registered charity, directly from their wages and they get an automatic 33% rebate on the donation.

The trouble is the rebate look totally screwy on the payslip.  It is added into the Post-tax deductions, but then, when those deductions are applied, it is credited.  The credit needs to show as -6.67, not as it does below:

Capture.PNG
2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,221 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Payroll Giving

Hi @Tooticky

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Testing payroll giving in Payroll 2017.1, when following the Support Note: Payroll Giving scheme it does produce the tax credit in a separate section to the Post-tax deductions. For example:

Attachments.PNG

In your case I notice that the Payroll giving tax credit is being included alongside, what I assume is the KiwiSaver values and other Post-tax deductions. As such I would recommend ensuring that you have the correct setup of that payroll giving tax code - as per the Support Note linked above - do make sure that you have the option "This deduction qualifies for the Payroll Giving Tax Credit" ticked in the Other tab for that donation category.

Along with that you might want to go to Tools>>Options>>Band & IRD and link the "Path and Filename" and "ir-File path" to a new path. Payroll Giving requires you to be file electronically to work correctly, if you are not electronic filing or the path can be found then you are not filing electronically therefore payroll giving will not work as intended.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Tooticky
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Re: Payroll Giving

Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply - we have everything set up as per the link you gave, with the exception of ticking the "Allow rate to be modified when entering pay details" option.  I have now ticked this, although I can't envisage that making the necessary difference. 

We are linked for electronic payment and as we are also the registered charity in this case, the donation has come through just fine.

I'll see how things look after our next pay round.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post