New Zealand
CareSolut
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll Jounrals not posting to Account Right

Hi

I have a problem with the error message coming up AccountRight Library not working when I try to post jounrals from payroll to account right.  This has never happpened before.  I sent it to our IT person and he said we have the PC Edition.  Can sometone let me know how to get this working again.

5 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5454Posts

526Kudos

739Solutions

Re: Payroll Jounrals not posting to Account Right

HI @CareSolut

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

Are you able to clarify a couple of for us so that we can assist you in getting this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

• What is the exact full wording of the error message coming up? Often the wording of the error message can give some subtle hints as to why the error is coming up.
  • Additionally where does your AccountRight company file sit? Is it on the same computer? On the cloud or within a network library?
  • Lastly which version of AccountRight are you running? This can be found by going to Help >> About MYOB AccountRight .

Once we have this information it’ll give us a better idea as to what’s going on so that we can get this working for you

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
CareSolut
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
CareSolut
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Neil

Thank you for trying to help me.  MYOB File sits in: at C:\Users\Public\Documents\MYOB\My AccountRight Files

The psoting says The MYOB AccountRight LIbrary Service is not available.

Look forward to it beign resolved and I havent been able to post 3 payrolls so far.

Thanks

Lorene

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5454Posts

526Kudos

739Solutions

Hi

Thanks for clarifying that information.

If you are using AccountRight Server Edition or an older version of AccountRight 201X.X then your computer will have something on your Windows computer called services, which just run in the background and allow certain things to perform as expected.

Based off that error message it would appear that one of these services aren’t operating as expected. I recommend following the steps outlined in sections 2 and 3 of our help article AccountRight library service issues

Do let us know how you get on with this

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
CareSolut
3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
CareSolut
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

HI Neil

OUr IT person has been trying to set up journals posting from Payroll to Accounting as per your link.

Please see the below the below email he sent me.

That troubleshooting guide only applies to Accountright Server Edition and you are not using that product. You have AR 2017 desktop.

Can you ask them if the desktop version should also have the MYOB AccountRight Library Service?

Thanks

Lorene

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5454Posts

526Kudos

739Solutions

HI @CareSolut

As I alluded to in my previous message, the library services do exist in the AccountRight Server Edition and older versions of the AccountRight PC edition. Current releases of the AccountRight PC edition, such as AccountRight 2017 do not have the AccountRight Library Services.

I would almost be tempted to try uninstalling the AccountRight PC Edition and install the AccountRight Server Edition. Although the Server Edition does have some additional features it still runs and performs in the same way as the AccountRight PC edition.

By installing the AccountRight Server Edition it would create the AccountRight library services, which assuming they were running would in theory get around that error message as the library services are present and running on that computer

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post