Printer Not Activated Error Code 30

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
tgahp
3 Posts
User
New Zealand
tgahp
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Printer Not Activated Error Code 30

After upgrading to Windows 10 i can no longer email payslips and receive a PRINTER NOT ACTIVATED ERROR CODE -30.  Whats going on?!?!

14 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner Dee-Workman
1,151 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Dee-Workman
Ultimate Partner

1151Posts

858Kudos

252Solutions

Re: Printer Not Activated Error Code 30

Hi @tgahp

This is happening with a lot of programs when upgraded to Windows 10 and seems to be to do with administrator issues.  You need to find AccountRight 2015.3 under your Windows Apps, right click on it and Open File Location then right click and go to Properties.  Under the Compatibility TAB and tick "Run this Program as Administrator".  Close MYOB and reopen or even restart your computer and then hopefully you will be emailing again.  If not, someone else may have a solution for us.

tgahp
3 Posts
User
New Zealand
tgahp
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

nope - tried that and it still doesn't work Smiley Sad

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21528Posts

2409Kudos

3033Solutions

Hi @tgahp

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge. If you do have enquires don't hesitate to post them so the MYOB Community can assist.

Would you mind confirming what MYOB program you are using? i.e. do you get that message in AccountRight or within New Zealand Payroll?

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
tgahp
3 Posts
User
New Zealand
tgahp
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thought i had it sussed out but no - i am using PAYROLL.  i have uninstalled and reinstalled - did the update and it still won't email payslips! help!

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21528Posts

2409Kudos

3033Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @tgahp

When you say you have done a uninstall and reinstall of Payroll have done a clean reinstall? I would recommend following the steps outlined below.

Firstly you would need to make sure that you have a copy of your payroll data, this can be done by navigating to the location of where you keep your payroll folders. The general location and default location is C:\Users\Public\Data\MYOB\Payroll Within this folder there should be your payroll folders i.e. Payroll 1/ Payroll Demo. I would suggest copying those folders out of the location for example copying out the Payroll 1 folder to the desktop on that computer. This way you can keep a backup of your data if required.

Once that data has been completed you can go to the Windows Start menu>>Control Panel>>Programs and Features/Add and remove a program>>Select the MYOB Payroll 201x and then select Uninstall. This will uninstall the program, just follow the on screen instructions to uninstall the program. When you have uninstalled the program I would also manually delete the Payroll folders just to make sure that all the data has been removed. You would need to make sure that you remove the MYOB folder from C:\Users\Public\Data. Also go into the delete the Payroll folder from C:\Program Files\MYOB.  When that has been completed, go to the Start Menu, in the bottom left of the start menu there is an option to search files and folders search for “%TEMP%” (without the quote marks). This will bring up your Temp files on your computer, there may be a folder called MYOB. You would need to delete that MYOB folder.

When you have completed the deletion of those folders, I would recommend that you download a fresh copy of the installer. This can be downloaded from https://my.myob.co.nz/Pages/Default.aspx by selecting 'My Products->Downloads' after logging in. Make sure that you save that Installer file to the Desktop or download that installer file to an easy accessible location.

Now that you have downloaded a clean installer, I would suggest restarting the program in safe mode. This can be done via restarting the computer and selecting F8 on the keyboard during the booting of the computer and selecting Safe mode when you get the options in the Windows Advanced options. For more information into restarting your computer in safe mode I recommend speaking to an IT person. When you have your computer in safe mode, click and run the installer to follow the prompts to install the program.

After you have installed the program into safe mode, turn off the program and restart in “normal” mode. You should have access to Payroll now. To get your data back after the reinstall, copy the folder from the desktop i.e. the Payroll 1 folder and paste into the Path where the data files reside i.e. C:\Users\Public\Data\MYOB\Payroll When that has been copied, restart Payroll and you should have access to your payroll data.

For more information into doing a clean reinstall of Payroll please see Support Note: Uninstalling and Reinstalling Payroll

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User attheoffice
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New Zealand
attheoffice
Contributing Cover User

16Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This solution worked for me thanks.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21528Posts

2409Kudos

3033Solutions

Hi @attheoffice

Glad to hear that has worked for you. Thanks for letting us know.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Partner FHK
32 Posts
Experienced Partner
New Zealand
FHK
Experienced Partner

32Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Hi, 

I have a client whose MYOB payroll was installed on to a new computer (Windows 7).  She is able to print or email one payslip, then gets the message "Printer not activated, error code -30". When she goes ok in that screen, the next message comes up "Unable to load printer driver".

If we close out of the payroll and go back in we can print or email another payslip and then get the messages as above.

Any suggestions on a fix for this.  I have had a look at your notes on uninstalling and reinstalling the payroll and am not sure that that is what we need to do.  The second message suggests to me that it is something to do with a pdf printer, but I am not a tech person, so any help would be appreciated.

thank you.

Fiona

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
21,528 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

21528Posts

2409Kudos

3033Solutions

Hi @FHK

Occasionally with "Printer not activated error -30" you can go your Devices and printers, right click on the "MYOB AO PDF Generator", select Printer preferences, select the Ports tab and add a new local port called "nul". Once that has been added restart the computer and try Payroll.

If you are still getting that error then you next port of call would be to @Dee-Workman's post about right click and selecting to run it as administrator. Failing that it would be a clean reinstall as per my previous post.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post