Setting up Employee on Pay as you go leave

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
EWS16
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand
Solved: Go to Solution

Setting up Employee on Pay as you go leave

HI there

I am setting up a new employee who is on a fixed term contract.  As per the law he should be paid his leave as "pay as you go".

I can't find how to set it up as 8% on top of the employees gross wages.

Can you advise please?

Sorted thanks

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
18,825 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Setting up Employee on Pay as you go leave

Hi @EWS16

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

If you do have a casual employee setup and you wish to pay them out their holiday pay (8%) per pay you would go to Maintenance>>Maintain Employees>>Select the Employee>>Select the Pay Defaults/Totals tab and add a 1 to the HP Holiday Pay line Quantity field. This way when you process a pay it will add in the 8% for Holiday Pay onto the employee's normal wages.

Along with that its a good idea to ensure that you have set the Normal days/week and Normal hours/day fields to be zero so that no value shows in the Normal Hours per Week field. This will ensure that the employee will not accrue annual leave at their holiday anniversary - should they be around that long.

New Zealand Payroll Support Note: Setting up holiday pay for casual employees would be able to assist with that. It does also have a video relating to Managing leave in MYOB Payroll which is well worth a watch - even if its just for a refresher.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
EWS16
2 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

Re: Setting up Employee on Pay as you go leave

Many thanks, I did find it and then went on to watch the video

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or