Highlighted
Contributing User kids
8 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand
Solved: Go to Solution

annual leave and parental leave

Hi

I have an employee who has returned from parental leave for two weeks and then taken two weeks annual leave.  I understand that this is calculated on the average weekly pay BUT how do I adjust this in payroll?

The parental leave dates were entered in the "other" page but unpaid leave was not entered while she was away.  Do I have to do a manual adjustment?

Thanks

4 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,819 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: annual leave and parental leave

Hi @kids

You are spot on with the fact that when an employee returns from parental leave you are to be paying the Average Weekly Earnings when annual leave is to be taken.

In MYOB Payroll (desktop) you would need to go into the ANHL pay code in the Maintain Pay codes and select the option "Allow the rate to be modified when entering pay details". Once that has been ticked, go into the Prepare Pays for that employee, select the Leave button (right hand side), select the button with three dots next to the Leave rate, you would then click on the button with three dots to the left of the Ordinary Weekly Pay so you can select Use Average Weekly pay.

MYOB Payroll Support Note: Setting up an employee on parental leave and paying annual leave upon their return contains the steps along with some screenshots.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Partner Maries26
10 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia

Hi Steven What version of MYOB are you using? Essentials or AccountRight

Contributing User kids
8 Posts
Contributing User
New Zealand

Thank you have figured it out!

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
19,819 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @Maries26

@kids was referring to the New Zealand (desktop) Payroll program. This is a separate MYOB program in New Zealand that manages, processes and reports payroll transactions for New Zealand clients/employers. 

As New Zealand doesn't have the payroll built into AccountRight like Australian versions of the program. MYOB Essentials is pretty much the same but tailored to the country and its payroll requirements.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post