This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
User
Piper32
Australia
0 Kudos

Business Basic

Hi - new to MYOB just purchased business basic to run our new farm business.  I have loaded software correctly and chose current fin year but I can't enter any details in current year- seems to go back 2009.  I could be missing something obvious glad for any help.

Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Clive
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: Business Basic

Hi Ann,

When you click on Setup>Company Information what are the Current Financial Year, Last Month in Financial Year and Conversion Month.

Regards

Clive Williams

MYOB Certified Consultant & Accredited Trainer; Ostendo Consulting Partner
Cert IV Financial Services (Bookkeeping); Cert IV Training & Assessment; BAS Agent 92620 006
Providing on-site MYOB support in Sydney, the Blue Mountains and Hawkesbury
Remote support available for MYOB throughout Australia
Mobile: 0418.657.833 AH (02) 4754.4151
email: clive@crwservices.com.au website: www.crwservices.com.au
Please use plain text.
User
Piper32
Australia
0 Kudos

Hi Clive- the details are Current fin year 2011 ,conversion month July 2010 , accounting period 12 and last month in fin year June

Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Clive
Australia
0 Kudos

Hi Ann,

With that setup it is not possible for you to enter dates in 2009.  If you have dates in 2009 showing in BusinessBasics then the system date on your computer is probably set to whatever date is showing. 

Regards

Clive Williams

Cert IV Financial Services (Bookkeeping); Cert IV Training & Assessment; BAS Agent 92620 006
Please use plain text.
User
Piper32
Australia
0 Kudos

Hi Clive- on checking the date on my PC is all good all showing correcting check CMOS  as well.  I noticed on Google there was some concern about Business Basic 1.1 and Vista and  I run Vista SP2.   I have uninstalled the program and re-installed -got my husband to check the fin year was correct it was saying 2011 looked good then when finished it loads back to 2009 and I can't input anything from July 2010.  Not sure what to do from here maybe a call to get some help ?  tks Ann

Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Clive
Australia

Hi Ann,

I ran BB on Vista Business and currently run the test file under Win7 Pro 64 bit without any problems.  You could try running it in compatibility mode - right click on the icon and click on Properties then find the place to set the compatibility mode.  I have never heard of this as a problem with the software but MYOB may say it is not guaranteed to run under Vista. 

Regards

Clive Williams

Please use plain text.
User
Piper32
Australia
0 Kudos

Hello Clive- I resolved my problem I rang the tech support and it was to do with the language setting - changed it from English Australian to English American then back again - Incidently they did the same steps as you with the actual date on the computer as well. Now I using the product and I am impressed by the GST calculations - much easier. I still have a sharp learning curve but I know where to get help from if I need it . Thanks again .

Please use plain text.