Thank you for visiting our Partner Zone. This area is an exclusive space for MYOB Partners. Find out how to Partner with MYOB.
February 2016 - last edited February 2016
One of the great features of JustInvoices is that it allows you to customise the printing format of your invoices. This article outlines how to customise your invoice print format and offers some tips which will help you achieve the look you want for your invoices.
Steps to customise forms:
1. Go to Sales Module in the command centre.
2. Click on Invoices and Quotes
3. Click Select Invoice Design in the lower left corner of the window. The following window is displayed:
4. There are four standard invoice types already setup under the Sample Designs icon. Select the type of form you want to use as a template for your invoice. A preview of the invoice will be displayed to the right of the window to show you the basic format of the invoice.
Tip: You can design an invoice from a blank template, but we recommend you start with one of the sample designs and alter it to suit your needs, this way you can save time as a basic structure is already setup for you.
5. Once you have selected the invoice you would like to use click Duplicate Design. This will prompt you with a message that the design will be duplicated to the My Designs Folder.
6. Click OK.
7. Enter a name for the template when prompted.
8. Click on the My Designs icon.
The new invoice template you just saved should now appear in the My Designs window.
9. Highlight your invoice template.
10. Click Edit Design. The following window is displayed:
The template designer window is categorised into various sections:
The Page Header - The header contains the information that appears at the top of each page such as customer name, invoice date and terms of payment.
The Page Detail - The page detail section reflects the information entered in the detail section of the invoice, for example the item description and price. The amount of space you allocate for this section will determine the spacing used on the printed invoice between each line on the invoice. It is important you don't have too large a space allocated as your invoice will print with large blank lines.
The Page Footer - The footer holds information which is repeated on each page of the invoice, such as the invoice total amount, applicable tax, freight fees and balance.
Features of the Template Designer window and the terms used:
The Template Designer displays some text with square brackets (for example [text]) whereas other text has no brackets. The texts with square brackets are Data Fields.
Data Fields retrieve their information from either the invoice or another section of the program, for example the [Company Address] field will print the information entered in the Company Information window.
Labels are texts without square brackets. They are usually headings and will print exactly as they appear in the Template Designer.
Moving, Deleting or Adding Data Fields or Labels
To move either a Data Field or a Label simply left click the mouse on the text you want to move and keep the mouse depressed. Then drag the text to where you would like it to appear on your invoice.
To delete a Data Field or Label left click the mouse on the text then press the Delete key on the keyboard.
To add a Data Field:
1. Click the icon with ab displayed on it .
2. Move the mouse onto the Template Designer to the location you would like to include the Data Field (notice the cursor will show as a cross instead of the normal arrow).
3. Left-click and drag the mouse to the size you would like the label to be. JustInvoices will then automatically open a window where you can select the Data Field you would like to include.
4. Click on the field you required and click OK.
1. Click the icon with an A displayed on it.
2. Move the mouse onto the Template Designer to the location you would like to include the label (notice the cursor will show as a cross instead of the normal arrow).
3. Left-click and drag the mouse to the size you would like the label to be. JustInvoices will then automatically open a window where you can enter the label caption.
4. Delete the word Labelxx from the field and enter the text you would like to include on the invoice.
Listed on the left side of the Template Designer are toolbox icons which are helpful to setting up your invoice. Listed below is information regarding each icon.
Arrow - Use this to select a particular field or move fields
Label - This icon is used to add a label
Field - Use this icon to add a Data Field
Line - Create a horizontal or vertical line by selecting the icon
Rectangle - Create a box or a rectangle by selecting this icon
Image - Add a logo or a graphic to your form. Simply click the icon, click on the screen where you want the graphic to appear and then double click the new field that appears.
Tax Details - Adds a Tax Detail Sub Report to the Template
Tax Registration Numbers - Inserts the Tax Registration Numbers into the Page Footer of the Invoice
M-Powered Invoices Barcode - Inserts a bar code into your invoice
Displayed at the top of the Template Designer are various formatting tools to assist you with the design of your invoice. Most of these formatting tools are the same as the standard word processing formatting tools, for example to bold text you select the B icon .
Tip: If you place the cursor onto one of the icons and leave the mouse for a second a pop up window should be displayed giving the purpose of the icon.
Listed below is information regarding icons not as well known as the standard word processing formatting tools.
Bring to Front - You can place fields or boxes on top of other fields. If you want to edit a field that is underneath another select this icon to bring that field to the front.
Bring to Back - This tool is similar to the one above, but this icon will send a field to the back of the fields that are overlapping one another.
Grid - By default the Template Designer will display a grid to assist you in the formatting of your invoice. By selecting this icon the grid will be removed (to bring the grid display back, simply select the Grid icon again). If the grid is displayed then JustInvoices will move any Field or Labels to snap to grid. If you want to place Fields or Labels on the invoice and not have them moved to the grid simply turn off this function.
There is a preview option available to review how your invoice format will display. To preview your invoice select the preview button located in the lower left corner of the screen.
Once you have setup the invoice in the format you would like your printed invoices to print select File from the menu and click Save.
To close out of the customisation window select File from the menu and Close.
Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need any further assistance with this.