This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Contributing User
FeckStudios
Australia
0 Kudos

JustInvoices Help Needed.

Heya. First time here and glad there's a help forum.

Bout JustInvoices a couple of days ago (Officeworks at west ryde for $100) as i needed something, well, just for invoices hehe.

Mainly no problems although the layout has a bit of a learning curve.

Now, my questions.

Firstly, for 'customer management' when I ender a new cumomer it has no field for their ABN. I really want to include this as all incoiving/statements given to me have mine included.

Secondly, printing and invoice is fine, but i at the moment don't have a desktop email program for emailing invoices. I cannot find a way of saving invoices/statements to something like a PDF/RTF/DOC and so on, is there a way of doing this. I've read the hlps pages in the program (does not come with a manual) but can't find anything on either of these two subjects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Cheers, DOM!

Ultimate Partner
Clive
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: JustInvoices Help Needed.

Hi Dom,

While the price may have been good, you would have done better with BusinessBasics as that program allows you to upgrade to other MYOB products and creates accounts you can give to your accountant while JustInvoices doesn't.  Not many Consultants support your product as it is entirely different to the normal MYOB programs.

All of that said, there is no legal requirement to have the customer's ABN recorded, which is probably why the field was not included (you can record the ABN in the other MYOB software).  For your printing, download CutePDF - it is free http://www.cutepdf.com/ and installs as a printer.

Regards

Clive Williams

MYOB Certified Consultant & Accredited Trainer; Ostendo Consulting Partner
Cert IV Financial Services (Bookkeeping); Cert IV Training & Assessment; BAS Agent 92620 006
Providing on-site MYOB support in Sydney, the Blue Mountains and Hawkesbury
Remote support available for MYOB throughout Australia
Mobile: 0418.657.833 AH (02) 4754.4151
email: clive@crwservices.com.au website: www.crwservices.com.au
Contributing User
FeckStudios
Australia
0 Kudos

Heya Clive. thanks for your quick response. Crap, wish i knew that before i bought it.

Oh well, it'll do for what I need really. I'm a sole trader and it's all service work (Musician and recording studio)

Anyway, re the PDF thing, found a way, Click Print Preview and there's an 'export' button which gives the option of PDF, HTML and RTF (from memroy).

Funny you know, I've had SOO many differing opinions on the whole incusion of the other parties ABN, but you're right, I've found you don't need it. I would like to include it though as I don't think it could hurt so I thought I could include it in the name or adress field so's it'll show up on printed invoices/statements/quotes.

If that doesn't work then I suppose it doesn't really matter as it's not a legal requirement.

What do you think?

Cheers, DOM!

Contributing User
FeckStudios
Australia
0 Kudos

Hey again Clive.

Just thinking about it. Honestly I think this is a huge oversight on MYOB's part. Up until now I've always hand written my invoices etc on normal run of the mill cheapie invoice books and no matter how cheap they are or what brand or where I get them from they always have had a recipiants ABN field. I mean, not to get picky, but even some freeware has it. Honestly, it's only one extra field (a few lines of code?).

I'm not the only one who has a problem with this and I think a great solution is to have a dowloadable fix for this.

Cheers, DOM!

Ultimate Partner
Clive
Australia
0 Kudos

Hi Dom,

JustInvoices does just invoices - it doesn't do anything else.  It is designed for people who want to print an invoice, it doesn't provide any accounting functions.  You may be able to buy an upgrade to BusinessBasics from MYOB if you explain your problems to them - their number is 1300 555 151.  JustInvoices costs $99, BusinessBasics RRP is $199 and will do the whole accounting deal for what you want to do.  You could also look at the online subscription service called Live Accounts.  Anything would be better than JustInvoices.  If you received advice from your place of purchase to buy the product you may be able to get a refund.

Regards

Clive Williams

MYOB Certified Consultant & Accredited Trainer; Ostendo Consulting Partner
Cert IV Financial Services (Bookkeeping); Cert IV Training & Assessment; BAS Agent 92620 006
Providing on-site MYOB support in Sydney, the Blue Mountains and Hawkesbury
Remote support available for MYOB throughout Australia
Mobile: 0418.657.833 AH (02) 4754.4151
email: clive@crwservices.com.au website: www.crwservices.com.au
Contributing User
FeckStudios
Australia
0 Kudos

Hmm. ok, Thanks very much for your reply Clive. I'll weigh it all up, but may go for the upgrade if they'll let me. Cheers.