DKP
Trusted Cover User

61Posts

155Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Bank Feeds, not as good as they used to be

Hi

Just wondering, in a previous update of MYOB Account Right, was there changes to Bank Feeds?

I now find that the feed is not updated until about mid morning, and due to this i have already entered in the transactions manually, but then the Bank Feed can't find them.  They are there, just did them.

sort of defeats the purpose of feeds if i still have to do manually and then hide the bank feed as it cannot find the match.

Cheers

3 REPLIES
Experienced Cover User ablaze
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User
ablaze
Experienced Cover User

56Posts

7Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Bank Feeds, not as good as they used to be

I agree since we updated the feeds are often late in the day when the used to be available first thing. I have checked with the bank and they havent changed anything their end .

Really frustrating.

Trusted Cover User DKP
61 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
DKP
Trusted Cover User

61Posts

155Kudos

3Solutions

The late feed, as annoying as it is, I can sort of understand.

But the fact that the fed transaction, cannot find the entered transaction, that really deflates my airbed.

It would be good if we could force a manual style match to recent transactions.

The data is the same, the date is the same, the amount is the same, but it just won't locate it.

So a 'Use this entered transaction you unforgiving ......"  that would be great.

Cheers.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,772 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20772Posts

2304Kudos

2892Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @DKP

Generally speaking, we do indicate that bank feed transactions will be available the next business day (depending on the frequency of the feed). In some cases, this can be mid-morning while other times due to slight delays in processing it can be later in the day. However, if you haven't received those feeds around lunchtime do let us know and we would be happy to investigate further.

In terms of not finding a match for a bank feed transaction for a bank feed to match to an existing transaction the following conditions do need to be met:

• The bank account used on the AccountRight does need to be same as the bank account that the feed has come in for
  • The existing AccountRight transaction can't be marked as cleared (ticked) in the Reconcile Accounts window or already reconciled.
  • The AccountRight transaction must have the same effect on the bank account as that of the bank feed transaction i.e. a deposit matches a deposit, a withdrawal matches a withdrawal.
  • The date on the AccountRight transaction does need to be similar to that of the bank feed transaction
  • The amount of the AccountRight transaction does need to be similar to that of the bank feed transaction

The last two (date and amount) conditions will make it easier to find the transaction when matching.

Personally, I would ensure that the transaction does appear in the Bank Register for the correct account and it does appear in the Reconcile Accounts window but is not ticked. If those are true and you are not able to find a match we would be happy to investigate further

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post