Contributing Cover User
Australia
Jen-Atmos
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

inventory for service industry

Hi, we run a service based business. I would like to know the best add on for using. we have 5 trucks on the road which hold parts etc. i would also like to keep track of stock promised for an order (sold but in stock) etc.

Please help as i would like to get it right the first time.

5 REPLIES
MYOB Staff Post LeightonJ
588 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
LeightonJ
MYOB Staff Post

588Posts

71Kudos

80Solutions

Re: inventory for service industry

Hi @Jen-Atmos,

Thanks for posting!

I would just like to confirm, what MYOB product are you using; is it AccountRight, AccountEdge (MAC), or Essentials?

Can you provide a little bit more details about the set-up of your business? Like are the stocks in the trucks, for part replacements when performing services at jobs?

Let us know how you get on!

Kind regards,
Leighton
Client Support Representative

Is this a Solution?
Mark this as an Accepted Solution
Helpful? Leave a kudos to tell others

Contributing Cover User Jen-Atmos
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Jen-Atmos
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, 

They carry stock in the truck which is then used for repairing jobs. We then need to bill this out. We currently use service dockets and add the parts ourselves without stocktake. If we can input it in it would work well. Also to have stocktake figures for end of year. (obviously not this year).

We also sell air conditioners so would like to inventory them in and allocate to a job so we knwo available stock levels, what is committed, what is available and what is ordered.

7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Jen-Atmos
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

also hoping that as our current stock in MYOB is so far out that we will be able to either adjust this, ignore or overwrite it somehow.

7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Jen-Atmos
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

we use MYOB Accountright on the current version 2017.1

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
20,772 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

20772Posts

2304Kudos

2892Solutions

Hi @Jen-Atmos

If you are looking for an add-on solution I would recommend taking a look at the MYOB Add-on solution page which does have a full list of potential addons that can be used. Personally, I haven't investigated each one so I am unable to provide a recommendation on which add-on solution would be best for your situation. However, I would encourage others in the MYOB Community that do use add-on solutions to share their experiences and potential add-ons that they use.

In terms of adjusting inventory values, I would encourage you to take a look at Help Article: Making inventory adjustments which would be able to assist with that process in detail.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post