Australia
Ben14
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Trade Creditors account out of balance - unexplained debits

Hi MYOB community,

I noticed that my trade creditors account is out of balance - and it looks like it has something to do with the Job numbers but I am not sure how.

These are the following features of the extra transactions (please see attached spreadsheet examples):

Example 1 - The GST free transactions are comprised of a PJ # with both a credit and a debit (with the associated job number) PLUS a CD debit. (total 3 entries)

Example 2 - The GSTable transactions are comprised of a PJ # with 2 credits (1 for GST free component, 1 for GST) and a debit with the associated job number (GST free component) PLUS a CD debit. (total 4 entries)

No other transactions in my trade creditors account are showing up with Job numbers.

There are a total of 7 of these transactions with the job numbers listed (all the same job number) and they all happen to be from a secondary Bank Account. However there are also many other transaction with the same Job number (but it doesnt appear in the trade creditors account window), and many other transactions are also from the same secondary Bank account. These other transactions dont come up with the extra PJ GST fre debit.

I am using Account edge for Mac.

Can anyone please help?

2 REPLIES
Contributing Cover User Ben14
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Ben14
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Trade Creditors account out of balance - unexplained debits

Okay I feel like a fool - sorry - the solution is that I posted those 7 transactions directly to the trade creditors account when they should have been posted to an expense account. 

It is however interesting that now there are no Job numbers appearing in the trade creditors account even though many of the transactions are related to particular job numbers (I suppose this is because it is a linked account and MYOB want to avoid double ups when we print the Job Activity statements?)

Cheers

B

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,454 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5454Posts

526Kudos

739Solutions

Re: Trade Creditors account out of balance - unexplained debits

HI @Ben14

Fantastic to hear that you have been able to get the out of balance and unusual transactions resolved. We don’t recommend posting directly to any linked account as it can produce situations like this.

In terms of the job numbers not showing, it will be because job numbers are only recorded on income and expense accounts. So, when you are recording a purchase and assigning a job number to it, only the expense part of that transaction will allocate to the job. The amount that goes to the Creditors won’t be allocated to the job as it isn’t an income or expense.

Do feel free to post any other questions that you may have.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post