Barcode scanner suddenly stopped working not broken and have tried other scanners. Maybe a setting?

Contributing User Kristiana
6 Posts
Contributing User
Australia

Barcode scanner suddenly stopped working not broken and have tried other scanners. Maybe a setting?

Hi just wondering if anyone can please help me. Our barcode scanner suddenly stopped working. Staff are reporting that they have tried plugging it into several different USB ports, scanner has power light on when plugged in but doesnt work, they have also plugged other scanners into that computer and they don't work either (they do work on our other computer). Barcodes are working as normal if typed in. Our secondary computer barcode scanner is working fine although MYOB settings do not seem to automatically mirror each other we have to manually change each one. I'm wondering if maybe someone has accidently adjusted setting without realising it. If so I have no idea how to fix this or which settings it would be. I would love any ideas as we have a big sale tomorrow and will struggle without a scanner. Thank you so much.

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,061 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Barcode scanner suddenly stopped working not broken and have tried other scanners. Maybe a setting?

HI @Kristiana

Thanks for the question,

This scanner that isn’t working on this computer, if you plug it into the second computer does it work? If it doesn’t then that indicate that the scanner itself is failing, as the power light generally only means that the unit is receiving power. It doesn’t necessarily mean that the laser and reader portions of the scanner are functional.

Within RetailManager itself, the only settings that relate directly to the scanner are found under Setup >> Hardware. The only setting I can think of in that window that could cause the issue would be if you were using a Serial Scanner and it was pointing to an incorrect Serial Port.

Additionally you may also want to manually reinstall the drivers of the scanner, just to ensure that they haven’t become corrupted.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post