Error 0: unexpected import error

Bridgetan
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Error 0: unexpected import error

When i import from Retail Manager to my Accoutright this error appears and i cannot import any records

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,061 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Error 0: unexpected import error

HI @Bridgetan

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

Is your AccountRight company file stored online? If it is you can try checking your file out by going to File >> Check Out. This will download a copy of your file onto that computer, so that you are working on a local copy of the file and not directly on the cloud file. In some instances when trying to import to a cloud file, that particular error can be thrown by cloud files.

Once the AccountRight file is checked out, you will need to adjust RetailManager slightly to produce a retail.txt file to import into your AccountRight. To do this in RetailManager please go to Setup >> Options >> Accounting and change the Package to AccountRight (Standard, Plus, Premier & Enterprise).

When you change this you will see that you have an option to specify the path to where the retail.txt file is going to be saved. One place you could choose is to save that file onto the desktop so it can be retrieved easily. The Accounting Export can then be performed to produce the retail.txt file.

Going back to AccountRight then you can use the Import/Export Assistant in AccountRight to import the retail.txt file. Once the import has completed successfully then you can check the AccountRight file back in by going to File >> Check In.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Bridgetan
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Thankyou for your reply but that is how i import from my Retail manager into my Accountright 2017.1 and has been working fine until yesterday when thie Error 0: Unexpected import error - (DataInvalid): more than one entry exists sharing the same key.   message came up,

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,061 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

HI @Bridgetan

Thanks for confirming that and elaborating on the error you are receiving when trying to import the retail.txt file. That particular error means that some data has become duplicated in the background of the AccountRight which is preventing the importing of new information.

To get this resolved, the AccountRight file will need to come into our team to get resolved. So that we can organise this, are you able to respond to the private message that I have sent through to you to just confirm a few pieces of information. You can access this by clicking on your forum display picture in the top right-hand corner of your screen and then choosing the envelope icon that appears.

Once we have this information then we can get your file in and corrected by our team.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post