Australia
Jingru
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Export from Retail Manager to Account Right

Just connected the Retail Manager and Account Right. I using Accountright Online API, and it shows configured. When I try to import from retailmanager in the Accountright, it shows the retailmanager is currently turned off.

What is the next step to export all the accounts, customers, suppliers and staff to the Account Right?

3 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,498 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5498Posts

528Kudos

741Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Export from Retail Manager to Account Right

Hi @Jingru

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information.

Within AccountRight, you need to enable the RetailManager import function to be able to have the accounting export import into AccountRight. This is done through Setup >> Preferences >> System and tick the option of “I Use MYOB RetailManager [System-wide]”

This preference will allow you to import the accounting exports from RetailManager.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Jingru
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Jingru
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Neil,

I have connected them. How do I export all the details at once or I have to export separatly? The file has to be retail.TXT in the Account right, How could I get the retail.TXT file from the retail manager? I have tried to export some files such as payments, stock, sales order etc from retail manager. 

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,498 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5498Posts

528Kudos

741Solutions

Hi @Jingru

To obtain the retail.txt file from RetailManager, you cannot have the AccountRight API selected as the package in Setup >> Options >> Accounting. Instead you need to have any of the other options, including AccountRight [Standard, Plus, Premier & Enterprise]. This will give you a path option of where you want to save the retail.txt file.

The retail.txt file is designed to bring through a sales summary of a session within RetailManager, brought through as a single journal entry. It isn’t designed to bring through the other information, such as the entire customer or stock lists of the RetailManager file.

Other information that you can export out of RetailManager through the Import/Export process of RetailManager will be in the format for RetailManager and not for other programs. To be able to import other information into AccountRight, that information needs to be formatted in a way that AccountRight can ready.

The best way to see this formatting is to export out the information you want out of AccountRight. This will give you the formatting of that information so that you can amend the information exported out of RetailManager.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post