Australia
EpochLabs
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Retail Manager

Hi There,

I have an issue when I try to run the MYOB Retail Manager V11 as it says "Could not open/create the configuration file, exiting". Any advise would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

3 REPLIES
Super Partner Murray_McKenzie
525 Posts
Super Partner
New Zealand
Murray_McKenzie
Super Partner

525Posts

229Kudos

97Solutions

Re: MYOB Retail Manager

Is this a new behaviour (i.e. was it working previously) or have you just installed?

Murray McKenzie
B.Com
IRD Registered Tax Agent
Boots 'n All Ltd
Contributing User EpochLabs
9 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
EpochLabs
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

It's a new behaviour, just noticed it this morning.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Partner Murray_McKenzie
525 Posts
Super Partner
New Zealand
Murray_McKenzie
Super Partner

525Posts

229Kudos

97Solutions

I don't know this exact error, but I'm making an educated guess as to what's causing it.

Before following below, just make sure you've made no changes to your filewall or other security since the last successful log in. If you have, maybe roll them back or turn your firewall off to test.

If you have a backup of the drive that RM is on, I'd try substituting in the config file from your backup

Before doing this make sure to keep a couple of copies of your current one and put them in a meaningfully named folder.

You're looking for something like C:\RetailM\Config.mdb (or whatever file path your RM is in)

Or just try moving config.mdb somewhere else.

When you open Retail Manager it will first look for the config file and if it's not there RM will create one and also bring up the licencing screen. This will at least rule in or out this file being the problem

If it is config.mdb and you don't have a backup, you can phone MYOB ad go through the licencing process again.

Murray McKenzie
B.Com
IRD Registered Tax Agent
Boots 'n All Ltd
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post