The latest versions of MYOB Retail Products

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,487 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5487Posts

528Kudos

741Solutions

The latest versions of MYOB Retail Products

Hi Everyone

I would like to take a moment to cover the current releases of the MYOB Retail Products as well as some important key points about each program.

MYOB Retail Manager

The latest release of MYOB RetailManager is RetailManager v12.5, which is supported on Windows 8 and older operating systems. Although it is not officially supported on Windows 10, we have had a number of users who have reported that they are successfully running RetailManager v12.5 on Windows 10.

RetailManager is a locally installed POS program, which is capable or having multiple tills connected to the same file.

MYOB RetailBasics

RetailBasics, like RetailManager is a locally installed program, with the most recent release being RetailBasics 3.3. This version is only compatible with Windows 7 and earlier Windows operating systems. MYOB RetailBasics does not work on Windows 8 or 10 operating systems.

Unlike MYOB RetailManager, RetailBasics is designed to be run only on a single till. It’s not possible to run RetailBasics on multiple computers that link back to the same data file

MYOB Kounta

Unlike RetailManager and RetailBasics, MYOB Kounta is a web based POS program, which means that you can use different devices, such as both Mac and Windows computers as well as Smart devices such as Tablets.

Currently the latest release of MYOB Kounta is 4.8, and MYOB Kounta can have multiple tills running to the same shopfront

I do hope this helps clarify the latest releases of these different programs as well as give everyone an understanding of some of the key points about the programs.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
6 REPLIES
Claire68
4 Posts
User
Claire68

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: The latest versions of MYOB Retail Products

Hi I have Retail Manager v12.5 subscription,  and has worked faultlessly for the last 2 years, howver over the last couple of weeks various screens have become jumbled and show numerous foreign type characters. I have rung support a couple of times and apparantly this is a known issue, however I have not managed to get an answer as to when a fix will be available. 

My big concern is I downloaded a new version to a new computer only to find the same even on Clearwater test programm, this shows the problem is inbuilt. I have tried changing region /language settings to no avail.

I would appreciate if you could let me know when a fix is likely to be available..

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,487 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5487Posts

528Kudos

741Solutions

hi @Claire68

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

We are aware of this issue, which is currently still under investigation as to its cause. Our team who are doing this investigation are still working hard on trying to find a resolution and suspect that this has been caused by a Windows update to a language pack, which is why you may have received advice to try and change the language settings to either English US or English Australia.

At this stage, we don’t have a timeframe for when a solution may be found for this particular issue, however as soon as one becomes available we will make that information available.

Please do feel free to post any other questions that you may have.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Valued Partner JohnnnyG
114 Posts
Valued Partner
Australia
JohnnnyG
Valued Partner

114Posts

144Kudos

17Solutions

Hi @Claire68

I am going to go out on a limb and say you are probably uising Windows 10??

If so, I am pretty sure it is to do with the language setting of the PC. windows 10 defaults the  Region to "Match Winsdows display language (recommended)" which is the setting I have changed on clients computers and seem to have fixed this issue.

I am not sure if it is happening on Windows 7 but if it is happening, trying this process might also fix it.

Go to the Control Panel of the PC. Load the "Region" options so the window like the one in the attached image is shown.

Once this is  open, if the selected option is "Match Windows etc etc" then change it to "English (Australia)" and then re start RetailManager.

You may then need to load the "Language" settings from the control panel and ensure the default is English (Australia)

I suspect there has been a language update from Microsoft that has caused the issue.

I hope this helps you out. Smiley Happy

Regards

John G

region.PNG
language.PNG
Experienced Cover User MacStock
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
MacStock
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, 

How do we obtain the upgrade to 12.5? We are still on 12.0.698 and haven't received any updates.  We pay monthly for support and upgrades.

Thanks in advance,

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,487 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5487Posts

528Kudos

741Solutions

HI @MacStock

Thank you for your question,

If you have an active support agreement for your RetailManager, then you can access the download link by logging into my.MYOB. Once logged in then you can go to My Products >> Downloads and choose RetailManager as the product. This will let you access the latest downloads for RetailManager including version 12.5

Do let us know how you get on with this

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Experienced Cover User MacStock
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
MacStock
Experienced Cover User

28Posts

4Kudos