Why I cannot open sales daily report on MYOB Retail Manager v11?

achinlay
3 Posts
User
achinlay

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Why I cannot open sales daily report on MYOB Retail Manager v11?

Hi!, I have tried several times opening sales daily report but it always shows 'No sales were made on that day' despite there is sales on that day. Can you please help me to solve this problem? Thank You

Capture1.PNG
5 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,996 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5996Posts

630Kudos

812Solutions

Re: Why I cannot open sales daily report on MYOB Retail Manager v11?

Hi @achinlay

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of helpful information

Generally speaking if there was information that the report should be picking up but for some reason it isn’t then the first thing to try would be to run a Rebuild / Compact on that file. This can be done by going to File >> Configuration >> Maintenance >> Rebuild / Compact.

This process runs over your file and rebuilds it, correcting any data errors that it comes across. This can be helpful in overcoming any data related errors that could be impacting on your ability to run reports.

Additionally, if you haven’t already done so I recommend closing RetailManager down and restarting the computer. This will allow the computer to clear any built-up information and start afresh

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
achinlay
3 Posts
User
achinlay

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank You for your reply, I appreciate that. But after I try the method that you have suggested, it is still not working as I cannot open my Sales daily report. In the meantime, I realise that my Windows 7 computer can open the Sales Daily Report while my Windows 10 computer cannot open it. Is it possible that different Windows versions affect MYOB system? If yes, could you give me any solutions? Thanks

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,996 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5996Posts

630Kudos

812Solutions

Hi @achinlay

Each version of RetailManager will be certified as compatible with certain Windows operating systems. RetailManager v11 is only certified as compatible with Windows XP and Windows Vista. Operating systems outside this range are not supported for that version and RetailManager may not operate as expected on operating systems that aren’t listed as compatible.

As Windows 7 is very similar in the back end to Windows XP and Vista, you may not notice any issues with running RetailManager v11. In contrast Windows 10 is quite a bit different in the back end to older versions, such as Windows XP, it can cause some programs to perform differently.

In terms of resolving this your options are to either use an operating system that is compatible with your version of RetailManager, which would involve uninstalling Windows 10 on that computer and installing an operating system that is compatible with your program. Alternatively you could look to upgrade your RetailManager to a compatible version with your operating system.

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
achinlay
3 Posts
User
achinlay

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Ok. I understand. Then, if I want to upgrade to the newest version, what version is that? And I also want to know how much the upgrade will cost? Thank You!
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
5,996 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

5996Posts

630Kudos

812Solutions

Hi @achinlay

The current release of RetailManager is RetailManager v12.5. Although this version has yet to be officially certified as being compatible with Windows 10, we have had a number of users report that they haven’t had any issues operating it on Windows 10.

Currently a support agreement for your RetailManager costs $846* for 12 months. You will need to purchase this to be entitled to the latest version. This can either be paid as a one-off fee for 12 months or as an ongoing amount.

*Prices correct at time of posting

Do let us know if you would like us to organise a quote for you

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post