Start a Post

Change default invoice number (delete the leading zeros)

Contributing User jess_actc17
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

Change default invoice number (delete the leading zeros)

Hi guys

This has probably been asked before but what is the best way to change the default invoice numbering system please. We currently use AccountRight Plus 2016. 

Whenever we enter sales, the invoice number is always an 8 digit number; however, we only want the invoice to have 5 digits. 

For example, we try to create an invoice 00190 but it always becomes 00000190. 

I just want to know if there is a way to change this.

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,109 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Change default invoice number (delete the leading zeros)

Hi @jess_actc17

The invoice number field in AccountRight 2016 requires an 8 digit number. If a short number is entered i.e. a 5 digit number AccountRight will automatically add in leading zeros to ensure that 8 characters has been entered. There is currently no way to prevent those leading zeroes being automatically entered.

The only way that I can see you enter an short character number i.e. 5 digits is to add in a full stop or a alphabetical character to the invoice number i.e. if you are entering invoice number 15623 you could enter O15623 (O being the letter O). This will force the invoice number to be 5 digits (or 6) and not add in the leading zeros. There is a downside to this and that is that as you are not using the auto number sequence the system will not automatically update to the next number, as such this would need to be worked out to determine the required invoice number in the sequence. 

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post