Start a Post

Dealing with multi-currency in MYOB Plus

This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
5 Posts
User
Australia

Dealing with multi-currency in MYOB Plus

Hi all, I am currently working for an importer who purchased goods from overseas and sell them to wholesalers here.

The company is using accountright plus, as this is our first year operating (at a loss) the director wasn't really keen to upgrade to MYOB Premier due to the cost involved.

We get invoice from our overseas suppliers in USD, and we have a USD account with commbiz. We do not export overseas. 

I'd appreciate If I can get some help on how to process these transactions in MYOB Plus(without multi currency option):

- USD invoice from suppliers

-Money transfer from local AUD bank account to local USD bank account 

2 REPLIES
131 Posts
Valued User
Australia

Re: Dealing with multi-currency in MYOB Plus

Hi firefox

You really only have 1 way to proceed

Enter the invoice with description incling USD  amount and converting at spot rate on day use a site like xe.com to get the rate

On payment you will have to convert the invoice total to the actual paid total  by entering a new line being the currency loss/gain.

Note you will have to make sure the security settings set so that you can amend invoices to do this

Scott aka The Shoe Box Guy
http://basandmyobhelp.blogspot.com/
5 Posts
User
Australia

Re: Dealing with multi-currency in MYOB Plus

Thanks so much for the reply shoeboxguy,

If I'm using the item layout, how can i make an additional entry that I can allocate to the currency loss/gain account? is it a good idea to create an item called "curency loss/gain" with "I buy this item" ticked and allocated to the currency loss/gain (an income account on the chart of accounts)?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post