Deleting Un-Printed Remittance Advices

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User robs1
110 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

Deleting Un-Printed Remittance Advices

I have unprinted Remittance Advices from previous years.  I cannot go into the document to change to already printed status as they are closed.  I printed a lot off to remove from the list and they cleared.  But today when I did a batch they cleared but then they stopped clearing.  How can I remove from the list without having to print the old ones off. Or how can I reset so that when printed they don't show in the list, I must have hit a wrong button or something but couldn't find where to do this.

Thanks

Rob

3 REPLIES
Trusted Cover User robs1
110 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

Re: Deleting Un-Printed Remittance Advices

Hi again Just a PS - I have read a few suggestions on the forum about printed then deleting from print queue etc but the item remains in the list.  The original item is already check as 'already printed or sent' status and cheuq printed status whatever the case may be.  Can't find why it won't remove from the list after priting now.

thanks

Ultimate Partner ronatbas
3,161 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

@robs1

As well as remittance advices you may also look at unrpinted cheques, paycheques and receipts. MYOB creates one or the other with every transaction. They are very small but they all contribute to the fragmentation of the file. By far the best way to get rid of them is is use a .PDF printer. If you don't have a one already download on of the freebies, Cute or PDF creator are sound. Sometimes send to print then cancel doesn't work so it is necessary to send them, as a batch to a desktop file called Delete. Once you have finished the cleaning put the dDelete file in the trash can.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Trusted Cover User robs1
110 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

THANK YOU this was so easy.  I have never used the PDF complete in this way.  I found it was already listed among my existing printers.  I created an appropiately name Delete folder first.  Then sent the documents to that folder when asked.  It would not let me delete the contents of that folder until I had closed the PDF window that had opened in the task bar at bottom of screen.  I am pleased to say it all worked very well and will keep me busy deleting the old transactions but will end up with a much tidier program

Rob

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post