Start a Post

Possible Glitch Found - Customer Card says they have credit when they don't

Mitchel_01
4 Posts
Cover User

Possible Glitch Found - Customer Card says they have credit when they don't

So the problem I'm having is; one of my customer cards says that their current balance is -$22.00. Meaning they're $22 in credit. However, I cannot find a trace of the credit anywhere. When I go into the sales register and select 'returns and credits' they are not listed there. When I view all their transaction history in the 'Find Tranactions>Card' tab, it all adds up to a zero balance. When I create a new invoice for the customer for $22.00 and then open their account in the 'recieve payments' tab it does not give me an option to apply the supposed credit to the open invoice. As far as I can tell, the fact that the Card File is showing a credit is a glitch. Can I please have some assistance.

Thanks,

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,463 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Possible Glitch Found - Customer Card says they have credit when they don't

Hi @Mitchel_01

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Generally when a customer is in credit you would be able to see a credit note for that particular customer in the Sales>>Sales Register>>Returns and Credits tab. You can then apply that credit to an invoice or pay a refund on it.

If you are not showing a credit note in the Sales Register I would be looking to see if you have a partially delete financial charge. AccountRight v19 Support Note: Finding and deleting or reversing a finance charge would be able to assist with that process.

If you are unable to find that origin of the credit can you confirm the following information:

• What version of the program are you currently running? - Help>>AccountRight
  • If on AccountRight 201x, have you ever used that file with the AccountRight Classic range i.e. v19?
  • If you run the Receivable Reconciliation report (located in Reports>>Sales) does it show an Out of Balance of the same amount if you run it for the date of 31/12/9998?

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post