This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Experienced User
JCosgrove
Australia
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Showing customer payments on Invoice Statements

I had great expectations of the new Premier V12 finally printing customer payments on statements but unless I'm missing something, it only prints a payment if there is still a balance owing on an invoice. If the payment clears the full amount outstanding, the invoice disappears and the payment never shows.

I am currently using Activity Statements as this shows all activities for the month including invoices and payments received but sometimes customers find them confusing as you need to take into account the carried forward balance from the previous months statement and does not show all invoices outstanding.

I find it odd the standard MYOB statements do not show customer payments received. MYOB have gone some of the way in V12 to show payments and credit allocations to invoices on statements but only if there is a balance still outstanding.

Am I missing something or not activated a setting correctly?

James

Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Julie_A_C
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: Showing customer payments on Invoice Statements

Hi James

On the invoice statement go into your advanced filters and there is a box there to tick 'show itemised payment details'.  You can customise your statement further to have the fields credit applied, discount applied and payment received or you can leave it as is, payments-all types.

As to showing the invoices that have been paid in full, I don't think this is possible and ypu would then need to maybe go back to an activity statement.

Maybe when you weigh up which serves the purpose better and you fnd it is the activity statement type, you might need to go in and customse it and make the carry forward balance in larger print and move it to a more obvious place on the statement.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
Accurate Books Always (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)
Please use plain text.
Experienced User
JCosgrove
Australia
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the reply. Yes am aware of the option to show itemised payments, only good if a balance is still outstanding on an invoice otherwise the payment does not show.

Will continue to use the Activity Statements as this show what really needs to be shown as in all customer transactions. I do have the opening balance in a larger bolded font.

For the most common accounting software around, would have thought this would be a basic function like many of its competitors, Quickbooks included.

James

Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Julie_A_C
Australia
0 Kudos

Very true James. 

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
Accurate Books Always (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)
Please use plain text.
Contributing User
Amy-Singapore
Singapore
0 Kudos

How do I key in part payment in an Invoice? For example, the total amount in an Invoice is US$25000 but we accept 30% downpayment for this specific client, so how I key into the Invoice to show this partial payment?

From Amy-Singaproe

Please use plain text.
Experienced User
JCosgrove
Australia
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

If you have already raised the invoice then all you need to do is to received the part payment against this invoice and the balance will remain as an outstanding accounts receivable until the invoice is paid in full.

If you are accepting the down payment before you have issued an invoice, it is best to raise an order for the amount received then allocate the payment against the order. When you need to invoice the customer, convert the quote to an invoice invoicing the full amount. The unpaid balance will remain on the debtors ledger/accounts receivable till final payment is received.

Regards, Jim

Please use plain text.
Contributing User
Amy-Singapore
Singapore
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, in actual fact, I have issued an Invoice using the customised Invoice format and the worst part was I manually key in the partpayment value in the Invoice. So the system only captured what was keyed in as "total".  Can I just amend the contents of my invoice? Right now, the system will show the balance of the part payment which is wrong because I have issued another Invoice with the balance amount of the 1st invoice.

Can you please advise me the next step?

Thank you.

Rgds,

Amy-Singapore

Please use plain text.
MYOB Staff Post
Michael_P
New Zealand

Hi Amy,

If I am understanding correctly you have created 2 invoices for the customer, one for the part payment and another for the remainder of the invoice, it also sounds like both of these are still open/unpaid?

If this is correct you could amend one of the invoices so it has the full value of the entire invoice and then receive a payment against this for the part payment already received. You could then delete the 2nd original invoice. Alternatively you could leave both invoices in the system and receive the part payment against the invoice for this amount and then leave the second invoice for the remaining amount open to have payment applied when this is made.

Regards,

Michael
MYOB Client Support

Accept as SolutionGot an answer that solves your issue?
Mark it as an Accepted Solution

Please use plain text.
Contributing User
Amy-Singapore
Singapore
0 Kudos

Thanks, Michael.

Understood your reply but my boss told me invoices shouldn't be deleted from the system.

In fact, I have tried the creating "Sales Order" then change to Invoice and back order the items... but when I printed out the invoice, it was not logic at all.  Because if I add on backorders on other days then those items will be added into the invoice.

Can you teach me on the "Backorder" method?

Thank you so much.

Rgds,

Amy-Singapore

Please use plain text.