Start a Post

Timeout Extender

SueSRDFire
1 Post
Cover User
Australia

Timeout Extender

Could i please get the timed out extender please?  I am dropping out on the payroll and losing all keyed information.

7 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
3,853 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Re: Timeout Extender

Hi there @SueSRDFire,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

I've sent you the instructions to apply the time out extender on your end via private message. You can access your inbox by clicking on your avatar on the upper righthand corner and then selecting the envelope icon.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
BellsWindows
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi Tallie,

We are also experiencing the session time out issue on out Server Edition (even while running strictly local).

Would the time out extender benefit us and if so can we please have access to it.

Mike.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,183 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi Mike ( @BellsWindows )

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of useful information.

I’m happy to provide you with the timeout extender so you can try it out on your system and see if it assists you with the timeout error messages. I’ve sent this through to you in a private message which you can access by clicking on your forum display picture.

Do let us know how you get on with this,

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
ProductivTech
2 Posts
User
Australia

Hi Neil

I have a customer who has been battling the inactivity timeout messages for around six months. They are currently on 2016.3 SE.

If you could send me instructions for the timeout extender that would be great as the payroll officer is currently having to do payroll in small batches just to get it done.

Note that on the classic versions of MYOB this was never an issue.

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,183 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @ProductivTech

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

Sure thing, I’m more than happy to provide you with the timeout extender. Are you able to send me a private message with your clients serial number so that I can log it with our team who monitor the timeout issues. Once I have logged it then I can provide you with the aforementioned timeout extender.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
ProductivTech
2 Posts
User
Australia

Hi Neil

The customer found out that MYOB had already emailed them the instructions to add the configuration to the XML file however they did not know what to do with it.

Can you advise your team that this did not fix the issue and they have spent hours on the phone to MYOB support.   Unfortunatley the support team has just stated it could be antivirus, backup, network or windows firewall.

None if this has changed recently and the customer runs a "vanilla" network consisting of common software that has not changed recently. The backup is backup exec, the antivirus is Trend Office scan and the windows firewall if configured as default.

We can of course create exceptions however we need to know what they need to be. Do you have a detailed set of instructions or methodology for troubleshooting issues as there must be some reason that MYOB is shutting down with that particular error even after the timeout extender is in place?

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
4,183 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @ProductivTech

The Timeout extender is primarily designed to assist with errors advising that the transaction has timed out and asking whether you wish to retry recording the transaction, in saying that is has assisted some clients with other errors relating to inactivity and similar error messages.

To pin down what could be the cause of the issue you would need to start by disabling as much as possible and running AccountRight for a period to see if the error occurs again. If it doesn’t then you can start enabling the different programs one or two at a time and repeating the process to see if the error occurs.

Our help article, Speed and Performance tips, does detail the program folders that you may want to put in exceptions for.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post