Start a Post

Timesheets

nandccnc
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

Timesheets

Hi, new to this and was wondering how i can allocate jobs to a time sheet that has already been processed. In the instance when i do payroll 2 weeks prior to my annual leave and dont know what jobs were worked whilst absent, but employees needed to be paid their wages. 

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,848 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: Timesheets

Hi @nandccnc

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Once a timesheet has been processed through Payroll you are unable to make changes to that timesheet. You would be looking at deleting the payroll transasctions, which would make the timesheet 'open' and make the necessary changes before reprocessing those timesheets. You can delete a payroll transaction via selecting the transaction and going to Edit>>Delete transaction. Do note that if the transaction has been processed through the Prepare Electronic Payment window, the electronic payment transaction would need to be deleted first before you can delete the payroll transactions.

Alternatively if you don't use timesheets as part of the timebilling module i.e. only use it for Payroll you could look at recording a journal entry to account for the job costings. A journal entry that affected the required account with the job and then another line on that journal entry which reduces that account balance would only impact the job costing. For example:

Attachments.PNG

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
nandccnc
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Re: Timesheets

Thanks for your advice. Was hoping there was an easier way - but will opt for the deleting option and reentering timesheets with correct job allocations

Regards

Dianne

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post