A mixture of staff base salary and base hourly

Contributing Cover User YepYep
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Solved: Go to Solution

A mixture of staff base salary and base hourly

Hi there

We have staff who are base salaried while others are on base hourly.  In order to cater for the base hourly, I have converted all the base salaried ones to hourly as well because it is a global change in MYOB.  I am not able to figure out how to change for some but not the others.

Can someone shed me some light?

Cheers

Antonia

8 REPLIES
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
3,335 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

Re: A mixture of staff base salary and base hourly

@YepYep

If you have been running some on wages and some on salary the main difference is the entitlements accrual.

I am unsure of what you mean by it is a global change in MYOB. It isn't and many companies run a mix of salary and wages.

Please let us know where you are having difficulties.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi Ron

Really?  You can run a mixture of salaried staff and hourly staff?  Geez none of my few friends can manage to do that.  Can you tell me how?  What I meant by global change is that once I change a staff member to salary, all the other staff members are changed to salary or vice versa.  What did I do wrong?  I make the changes to the staff card file only.  Anything to do with payroll categories?  

Would appreciate your advice.

Cheers

Yepyep

3,335 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

@YepYep

It is all to do with Payroll Categories. You need to have two Wages categories and two of each of the entitlement categories  ( one Hourly, one Salary) and have them running parallel. The accrual is different for salary as there are no hours recorded.  You need to have Salary accrual set to total hours of holiday hours per annum divided by number of pays in a year. For 38 week weekly pay  this is 152 hours leave divided by 52 or 2.923 hours per pay period. PL is half of this.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi Ron

I did have those 2 set up in payroll categories - wages tab.  And I am sure the accrual for Holiday Pay and Sick pay are all correctly set up.  

In fact the 2 payroll categories come with AccountRight when it's purchased.  But when I change one staff card to salary, it affects all the others and vice versa.  So what have I dont wrong? I am very lost.

Cheers

Yepyep.

3,335 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

@YepYep

I have attached three employee card payroll detail pages. The first two are the same person where I have changed the pay basis from hourly to salary. The third is another employee who was on hourly before the change and as you can see is still on hourly. Please confirm that this point where you are making the change.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi Ron

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.  Correction on my problem.  It's not the base salary or base hourly doing the global change.  I have the different staff cards set up with salary and hourly.  However when I do the leave entitlements for the salaried staff to 'equals 2.92 hours per pay period', it also changes the hourly based staff for whom it should be 'equals 7.69% of gross hours'.

So what did I do wrong here with the entitlements?

Cheers

Antonia

3,335 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Accepted Solution Solved Solution

@YepYep

As i said in the earlier post you need to have separate entitlements for hourly and salary. One called Salary AL accrual 2.923 hours per pay period and have your salary people linked to this. The other Hourly AL is set 7.6923% of gross hours and hourly  staff are linked to this. Both accruals can be linked to Holiday Pay.

Repeat the same for PL with the numbers halved. When you sort out who needs to have what? where for entitlements tick both hourly and salary accrual and do a void pay where you get rid of everything then do a Plus /Minus in the accrual area.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi Ron

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you.  Finally (only 5 minutes ago) I have worked out what you meant and managed to separate salaried staff from hourly staff.  Thank you very much.

Cheers

yepyep

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post