Start a Post

AccountRight user access

Contributing Cover User YepYep
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

AccountRight user access

Hi fellow accounting staff, 

I wonder if anyone has the same issue.  We have accounting staff doing payable and receivable and they don't get access to payroll module.  However I have recently found out that payslips that got emailed out can be seen /opened by the accounting staff who are not granted with right to access payroll module in the 'sent emails'.

We don't want them to be able to see anything that is related to payroll.  How can we solve this issue?  

Help!

"MYOB Essentials Limited User Access" 

4 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: MYOB Essentials Limited User Access

Hi @YepYep

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

User access with MYOB Essentials is all or nothing, either the user has no access or all access. You are currently unable to set restrictions on user access with MYOB Essentials. If you would like to see that as a feature in future updates to MYOB Essentials I would recommend showing your support for User Accounts/restricting users on the MYOB Essentials Idea Exchange.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User YepYep
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hi Steven

Thanks, I am using AccountRight Live.  Can we limit access right to view 'sent emails'?

Cheers

Ultimate Partner AlanT
680 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia

@YepYep

Hi Antonia,

In your post you say that the Accounting staff can see the payslips in 'Sent emails'  Do you mean the 'Sent emails' of your email program?

If so, then this may be an issue with the way you have set up your emails.  Do the accounting and HR staff share the same PC?

Regards,

Alan

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Hi @YepYep

It does depend on what method you are using to email from AccountRight. 

If you are using Online emailing i.e. Setup>>>Preferences>>Emailing>>"Send Emails Using AccountRight" is ticked. My understanding and testing is that if the user doesn't have access to the Print/Email window then the relevant emails will not appear in the Sent Emails option. For example you have your role set up to be Sales and only have access to the Print/Email Invoices window you will have access to the Invoices sent through Online emailing, the user doesn't have access to the Print/Email Payslips window and therefore can't see them in the Sent Emails list. As such I would recommend ensuring that you do only have the relevant Print/Email windows selected for that user's role via the Setup>>User Access>>Manage Roles option

Alternatively if you would like to block full access to the Sent Emails option you would need to go into the Manage Roles option for that role and ensure that General>>View Sent Emails option is unticked. 

For more information into roles please see AccountRight Help Article: Set up roles

If you are using a desktop email program to send data such as Microsoft Outlook then AccountRight has no control over which users has access to sent emails, as this is controlled via Outlook. AccountRight will only have the control over who has access to send information to Outlook, which is control via the user's role to the Print/Email windows.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post