Error Message in Payroll: "You have sold items resulting in a negative on-hand balance..." when trying to customise emailed payslips

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DanielleD
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Error Message in Payroll: "You have sold items resulting in a negative on-hand balance..." when trying to customise emailed payslips

We are using MYOB AccountRight Plus AU 2016.2.1 When trying to review the Pay Slips Before Delivery and customise the Email Defaults to suit, MYOB displays an error message: "You have sold items resulting in a negative on-hand balance. Purchases or adjustments must be made to brig the on-hand balances to zero or above before deselecting this preference". Obviously, this has nothing to do with Payroll but this message stops me from customising my emails for the Pay Slips. Would you please advise what I should do to get rid of this error message? Thank you. Danielle
2 REPLIES 2
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

2,847Posts

307Kudos

480Solutions

Re: Error Message in Payroll: "You have sold items resulting in a negative on-hand balance..." when trying to customise emailed payslips

Hi Danielle, @DanielleD  attn: @CloverQ @Emile @Liam_M @Linda_K @Neil_M

I've seen similar messages before and only a MYOB Moderator/Staff Member appear to have a tool to fix it; I understand it makes it easier for them to do it if your company file is in the cloud.

One of the 5 MYOB staff I've tagged in the 1st line of this message may be able to assist you as all of them are logged in (6.20pm EST)

Best Regards

Tony Lane - Penguin - Tasmania

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Error Message in Payroll: "You have sold items resulting in a negative on-hand balance..." when trying to customise emailed payslips

Hi @DanielleD

We do have an online script with which can run the online company file through. So we can arrange for that script to be run can you confirm the following details:

• Where the company file is saved? i.e. is the company file saved locally or online?
  • What is the last FOUR digits of your serial number? Setup>>Company Information.
  • What is the company file ID of that file which is generating the message? Help>>About AccountRight.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post