Start a Post

Extra payroll card appeared

Contributing Cover User mkjbar
23 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Extra payroll card appeared

I have had an extra employee card appear in the Card list, the only detail it has is the whole name in the last name box.

At first I thought that another user had created a card for a reimbursement payment but on further investigation I have found I cannot delete the card as it has transaction, when searching for transactions none appear but on the history tab both of the duplicated card are showing an amount in March 2017.

There are no transactions on the Payroll summary report for March either.  Any suggestions, do I just make these two inactive ??

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,485 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: Extra payroll card appeared

Hi @mkjbar

If you have a value that is appearing in the History tab (i.e. the one located Contact Log tab) for an employee's card it generally indicates that a transaction outside of Payroll has been created. Payroll transactions will show up in the Payroll Details>>Pay History section.

Firstly I would be running the Card Transaction (Accrual) report (located in Reports>>Cards) for that one particular card for an extended date range i.e. 01/01/1900 to 31/12/9998. This will show you all transactions recorded where that card has been selected. If there are any transactions appearing this would need to looked into before you can delete the card.

Along with I would also run the Sales [Salesperson Detial] report (located in Reports>>Sales) for that particular card and with an extended date range. Like the Card Transactions report, this will bring up all transactions where that employee's card has been used in this case as a salesperson (which will not appear in the Card Transactions report). If a transaction does appear, you would be needing to change the salesperson on that transaction before you can delete the card.

If you are unable to find any transactions  (as they may have been purged if you have used an earlier version) then marking those cards as inactive would be the way to go.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post