Start a Post

How to record payroll for a pay rise

scwwco
1 Post
Cover User

How to record payroll for a pay rise

Hi,

I prepare payroll on a fortnightly basis. The next pay run is from 3 April to 16 April (14 days). One of the staff will be getting a pay rise effective from 13 April (11th day in that fortnight). As we only have the option to select pay run on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis in MYOB Essential, how do I prepare the payslip to accurately reflect both the old and new pay on it? Thanks. 

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
17,752 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

Re: How to record payroll for a pay rise

Hi @scwwco

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

The easiest way I find to deal with a pay rise for an employee mid-cycle is to create an additional pay type for the extra amount they will be paid., You would then process the pay as per normal and ensure that the extra amount has been entered into the additional pay type. Once that pay has been processed you would change the employee's rate to be the correct rate going forward.

Alternatively you could have an additional pay type setup at the extra rate and reduce the normal hours along with putting the hours worked after the pay rise data against that new allowance. This in turn will show that they worked x hours at old rate and then x hours at new rate. Don't forget to change the rate after processing that pay to the new rate.

You can create a new pay type for an employee by selecting Payroll>>Employees>>Selecting the relevant employee>>Allowances/Deductions tab.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post