This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Cover User
OTSANNE
Australia
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Long Service Leave Accrual

I use Account Right Enterprise 19 and I have set up an entitlement for my staff called Long Service Leave Accrual. When I go into this from the personnel card file/payroll details/entitlements, I don't know what calculation basis I use - Percentage or Hours? I was told by the OIR that the calculation was 0.016 per pay week, but when I asked 0.016 what (percentage or hours) she just kept saying per pay week. I'm confused, so can someone please help. My sick leave and holiday leave accrual is set up as percentage of gross hours.

Anne T
Please use plain text.
Trusted Partner
MKB1803
Australia

Re: Long Service Leave Accrual

According to NSW LSL rules

"Long service leave is two months paid leave after ten years service with the same employer and one month paid leave for each additional five years service."

So the accrual would be 4.33 x 38=164.54 per 5 years which equates to .633 hours per week.

I think .016 is .016 of a week based on 40 hours which equates to .64hours per week

This is only my take on this there may be other opinions

Regards
Margaret Bishop
MYOB Certified Consultant since March 2000
Blacktown NSW Phone: 0425 225 618
Email: margaret@embsolutions.com.au
Please use plain text.
Cover User
OTSANNE
Australia
0 Kudos

Margaret,

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Anne T

Anne T
Please use plain text.
User
Seekingdeb
Australia
0 Kudos

Hi Marget,

I have employees on the payroll that have been here over 10, 19 years and I have the percentage of .0633 in the long service leave accural.  The number of hours shown for their long service is not adding up to correct number of hours they should have accrued.  Am I supposed to change the percentage after every 5 years?

Regards

Deb

Please use plain text.
User
kingand1
Australia
0 Kudos

In NSW the accrual is at the rate of .016 hours for each hour of normal time.  i.e it excludes overtime etc.and includes normal, al, pl, sl.

The easiest way is to use this calculation on all employees no matter if they are casual, part time or full time.

Please use plain text.