Thank you for visiting our Partner Zone. This area is an exclusive space for MYOB Partners. Find out how to Partner with MYOB.
I have some questions related to PAYG & payroll at the end of financial year.
I received a mail from ATO, in which there are one "PAYG payment summary statement for year ending 30 June 2012" & three "PAYG payment summary - individual non-business". Also, the letter says:
My questions are:
Solved! Go to Solution.
1. you probably received 3 payment summaries because the ATO must only have records of 3 employees being with you - usually happens when TFN Declaration have not been sent in for each employee. You can request more copies online or over the phone - it won't be a problem. And if you want to generate payment summaries from MYOB then you can just throw out the paper forms anyway.
2. on the payroll tab click on "print payment summaries" and follow the prompts. Make sure you have done a full reconciliation & backup first.
3. only payments actually made in this financial year are included in this year's payment summaries. So if your next pay period is in the next year, it is not included even if it relates partly to this financial year.
Hope that helps.
Good morning Liz,
Thanks very much and it all helps me much!!!
But I still have a few questions:
Thanks very much! I was sick from last Thursday so I could not respond to your answer!
1. I don't know what the ATO has received - it was just a guess as to what may have happened. I don't think the TFN Declarations are anything to panic about. I've actually never been sure what their purpose is other than to send out the correct number of payment summaries or perhaps for cross checking for those claiming unemployment benefits??? - perhaps someone else could enlighten us? I'm sure I've probably submitted payment summaries for employees who I've forgotten to send in TFN declarations for in the past & never had a problem with the ATO.
2. I've always just thrown out any paper forms sent to us if I'm going to submit electronically - there is no need to respond to the ATO. The fourth form - the payment summary statement will also be produced from MYOB when you prepare your individual payment summaries. The electronic process completely replaces the paper version.
Thanks very much for teaching me so many details.
The last question is if there is any due date to send the PAYG summary to either employees or ATO or do it ASAP?
Payment summaries must be given to employees by 14th July and to the ATO by 14th August.