This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Contributing Cover User
Maryptop
Australia
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Setup an expense reimbursement payroll category

Hi

Can anyone help, I am trying to setup an expense reimbursement payroll category? I have noticed that there is no  allowance tab, as I thought I could have set it up as an non-taxable allowance, which does not appear on the PAYG summary. I currently use timesheets and activity slips and need to be able to bill the client and pay the employee.

regards

Mary

Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Clive
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: Setup an expense reimbursement payroll category

Hi Mary,

You need to setup a salary type wages category exempt from tax and super for the reimbursement allocated to a clearing account from which you will do the 'payment' of the expense.  If you have trouble following this advice and cannot deduce the reasoning behind it I suggest you seek some support from a Certified Consultant who can ensure your payroll is setup correctly.

Regards

Clive Williams

MYOB Certified Consultant & Accredited Trainer; Ostendo Consulting Partner
Cert IV Financial Services (Bookkeeping); Cert IV Training & Assessment; BAS Agent 92620 006
Providing on-site MYOB support in Sydney, the Blue Mountains and Hawkesbury
Remote support available for MYOB throughout Australia
Mobile: 0418.657.833 AH (02) 4754.4151
email: clive@crwservices.com.au website: www.crwservices.com.au
Please use plain text.
Ultimate Partner
Julie_A_C
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: Setup an expense reimbursement payroll category

I used to do this for one of my clients and kept it right out of the payroll.  As I have stated in other posts it is best to use payroll for only payroll and that way there are no problems when reconciling at year end and doing payment summaries.

I would handle these reimbursements by doing a spend money transaction attached to the employees card.

I would then enter an activity slip to the client for the expense and then note on the expense that it had been oncharged and reimbursed and the dates of the transactions.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
Accurate Books Always (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)
Please use plain text.