This thread is now archived and closed to new comments.
If you have a question please post a new topic.
Contributing Cover User
tjane
Australia
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Superannuation

My superannuation has disappeared from my payslips and in my files. I have super recorded up to 9th May and after that nothing??? I have just noticed because I am trying to pay everyones super and thought it very low. My pay day is tomorrow and I can't talk to people on the phone as they aren't there on the weekends. Please give me some hints as to why this has happened. I have checked and triple checked that the links are still there and everything in the card file is still the same. What have I done???

Contributing Cover User
tjane
Australia
0 Kudos

Re: Superannuation

Whooops. My partner found the mistake but that leads me to another problem. What I had done was leave the super exclusion ticked on base hourly when I was paying someone out. Maybe someone can answer these questions for me now, much thanks if you can.

How do I fix this problem,do I have to enter manually after I work it out or is there a simpler way of recording it?

Do you pay super on holiday pay and holiday leave loading?

Experienced Partner
Janelle
Australia

Hello Tina

You can remove your exclusion tick and simply process pay $0 value paycheque for each employee dated 31/5/10 and 30/6/10. MYOB will recalculate the superannuation for each month based on your setup.

Super is payable on Holiday Pay but not Holiday Leave Loading. When an employee is terminated, I generally use the payroll category "Unused Holiday Leave" as this does not calculate super if set up correctly.

Refer to the ATO Website for more information about Ordinary Time Earnings and superannuation:

http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/content.asp?doc=/content/39205.htm&page=3#P38_3481

Regards

Janelle

Janelle Redgwell
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB RetailManager Professional
Integrated Consulting (Qld)
Cairns
Phone 0418 770 842 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0418 770 842      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0418 770 842      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0418 770 842      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
janelle@integratedconsulting.com.au
Contributing Cover User
tjane
Australia
0 Kudos

I am attempting to do that now but it comes up asking if I want to void the paycheck.

The paycheque has a $0.00 net pay

Click ok if you wish to viod this paycheque

I entered 0 hours in the base hourly rate section and then put $o.oo total in the wages and salaries part.

I am still doing something wrong? I can see where it will calculate the super.

Experienced Partner
Janelle
Australia

Hello Tina

You need to tick  OK to recording a void cheque, but before you do, just check that the super for each employee has re-calculated.

Regards

Janelle

Janelle Redgwell
Cairns
Phone 0418 770 842 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0418 770 842      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0418 770 842      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              0418 770 842      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Contributing Cover User
tjane
Australia
0 Kudos

Thankyou for responding. My stress levels are peaking.

When I calculate I am getting a different amount to the paycheque amount. MIne calculation is larger. What would the cause of this be?   

Thanks for the tip on checking or I would have had more mess to clean up. 

Experienced Partner
Janelle
Australia

Hello Tina

I am not sure what you mean.

When you process at $0 value pay dated 31/5/10, MYOB recalculated the superannuation for the full month and will show in the Superannuation expenses and Superannuation Liability on this paycheque the difference between the correct full amount of Superannuation for the month and the amount actually accounted for. This process simply results in you not having to do a manual calculation.

You need to repeat this process for June by dating $0 value paycheques for each employee dated 30/6/10.

Hope this helps

Regards

Janelle

Janelle Redgwell
Cairns
Contributing Cover User
tjane
Australia
0 Kudos

I have been playing with it and if I change the base hourly to 0 it changes the super. Then I tried to leave the base hourly amount and change the wages and ssalaries amount to $) then when I change the tax amount to $ it also changed the super amount.?

Contributing Cover User
tjane
Australia
0 Kudos

YAHOO! Yes I get what you mean now. I had to walk away to contemplate but I finally got there.

Thanks a tonne.

Experienced Partner
Janelle
Australia
0 Kudos

Hello Tina

I don't know what you are doing. You need to send some screenshots.

Regards

Janelle

Janelle Redgwell
Cairns