Start a Post

authorizing super payments is too complex

Contributing Cover User Designcraft
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

authorizing super payments is too complex

Hello MYOB,

Can some one explain why authorizing super payments is so complex?

Step #1  First you have to enter a password to log into the main database

Step #2 Then enter email address and password again to enter manage super payments section

Step #3 Then email address and password and phone authorization code for each individual payment!

Step #4 Repeat Step #3 as often as required to approve all payments

This is ridiculously painful and way too much security. Surely you could have a system that eliminates the need for Step #4? Once you receive an authorization code you can release multiple super payments?

Bob

7 REPLIES
Valued Partner Trevor_H
136 Posts
Valued Partner
Australia

Re: authorizing super payments is too complex

Hi @Designcraft

I am not sure what software you are using and therefore what your Step 4 is referring to.

In AccountRight, superannuation payments for individuals (multiple individuals over multiple pay periods) can be batched together so that you only need to authorise one payment.  This effectively allows you to pay 1 or 100's of individual superannuation amounts in the one payment.  When you go to pay super all you need to do is select all the individual super amounts that you want to pay.

If I have not interpreted your issue correctly please let me know.

Trevor

Trevor
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Hello Trevor,

Yes we do batch our payments however as we have several staff that salary sacrifice weekly we can end up with multiple payments to be authorised. The point is that to approve a single weekly payment for say $100 you need to:

1) enter a password to access database

2) enter a user name and password to access manage payments

3) again enter a user and password to approve the payment

4) enter authorisation code

This seems crazy for 1 payment and way more complex that my online banking.

Super Partner Tingety
317 Posts
Super Partner
Australia

Hi @Designcraft,

From initial testing, I have found that when we enter the email address & password combination. Then it will remember my authorisation for next time I need to use the PaySuper functions.

To follow up:
1. Enter Email & Password when logging into Database.
2. Enter Email & Password when going into Manage Payments.
3. Do not need to re-enter these details when I go into PaySuper to authorise a payment.*

*I am still required to enter an SMS code per-payments.

However, what may be of assistance. Is somehow allowing 1 SMS code the expiry of 5-10 minutes to allow you to process multiple payments rather than requiring an SMS code every time.

It would certainly help with your needs if you are required to do batch payments. It would be great to see this idea in the product.

I would suggest to enter this idea on the MYOB Community Forum Idea Exchange:
http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/AccountRightIdeas

Thank you,
~Tingety.

7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Thanks for your reply...

Our process definitely requires us to (again) enter user name and password for each individual payment or batch and then authorisation code for each payment or batch.

The system remebers your logon to Accountright live to manage payments only as long as you don't log out. 

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,882 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

HI @Designcraft

Great to see our great Forum Partners, @Trevor_H and @Tingety , have jumped in and offered some input on this , I do hope you found this helpful. Because of our commitment to security when you access certain services within your file, depending on the login you have used it may require you to login again as the email address is validated against our system.

As the Pay Superannuation service lodges each individual payment separately, each one requiring a unique code. If you had multiple separate contributions that have been prepared separately then each one would require a separate SMS code.

In addition for security purposes each contribution uses a 2 step validation system to ensure that only authorised users process the superannuation contributions. By logging in with an authorised user it is step one and the SMS code is step two that lodges the payment with the service.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Thanks Neil for your response, I appreciate your committment to security however the process is a total pain in the neck!

For example, to approve a payment that has already been set up by my finance manager through my internet banking platform

BANKING

1) Logon on with user name and password

2) Approve payment with authorisation code via phone or fob

MYOB SUPER

1) Logon on with user name and password

2) Re-enter user name and password to enter manage payments

3) Re-enter user name and password to approve payments

4) Approve payment with authorisation code via phone

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
3,882 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand

HI @Designcraft

Thank you for your feedback regarding the authorisation process for Pay Superannuation. At this stage I am not aware of any plans to change this process, however I have shared your feedback with our team for their consideration.

Please do feel free to post any other questions that you may have.

Kind regards,
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post