Start a Post

salary sacrifice novated lease

Experienced Cover User kl_vision
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

salary sacrifice novated lease

Hello, I have a casual staff member entering into a novated lease agreement which requires before and after payments to a lease company. I have zero idea on what I need to do to set it all up. Can you please talk me through what I am going to need to do to set up his weekly wages and payments, please? I know nothing about novated leases and salary sacrifice as this is my first employee who has gone down this track. 

1 REPLY
MYOB Moderator Tallie_M
3,792 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia

Re: salary sacrifice novated lease

Hi there @kl_vision,

The process you'd follow would typically be that of setting up salary scrifice for employee purchases. In this case, as there's a pre- and a post-tax component, you'd be looking at setting up two separate deduction categories where one would be exempt from PAYG Withholding.

We do have a thread which covers this same query - it may be helpful for you to have a read through to gain a better understanding regarding the process. Please see Setting up Novated Lease deduction for a Client's Employee.

Should you have any queries that weren't covered in the thread provided above, please let us know as we're happy to assist further.

Warm Regards,

Tallie

MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post